Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

My hair has gotten too long for rinsing with my head bent over the tub! And loose. I was so tired I untwisted my hair and rinsed. I always rinse in the shower by section. Not this time. This is terrible.

My hair is tangled! I never have tangled hair. I think I will throw on some slippy dc and detangle.

*smh*

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
When I just started using henna back in 2007 I would order it and indigo directly from India. That was the best! Now that company no longer exists and I have to result to store-bought henna. Its just not the same:nono:.
I ordered indigo from a popular vendor on here and it didn't take at all:sad: . Before I use to be shocked at how black it would make my hair. I need a new supplier for 2014. *sigh*

In other news, can someone tell me how to prevent midshaft splits???? I get them even with no manipulation. Ugh!

finally got my box braids put in!!!! Kind of tight but I don't see any little bumps but I'm still worried. UGH what to do bcuz I can't have my edges snatch!!!

All is well!

I used half a jar of BASK Cacao Treat. Hair is detangled, slicked down, in 4 braids and under a plastic cap. About to put a beanie on top.

I think I am to scrub down with some Bask Muscavado and pecan scrub and moiturize with some Bask Plantain Butter.

Yep, and then a braidout with Bask Palm Tapioca sealed with Bask Sevenfold butter.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Getting compliments on my puffs without people trying to palm my head (last time someone palmed my WNG they got a fist full of gel lmao).

YaniraNaturally did you feel like the 24 pack of EWEL Curlformers weren't enough for your whole head? I previously used 40 of the EL and W Curlformers and it was enough, so I assumed the pack of 24 EWEL Curlformers would be enough for one head.

toaster, they might be enough but I bought 2 packs since they were 20% off for BF. They have a pretty wide mouth so 24 might be enough, but I can't say for sure.

I like having more so I can have smaller parts and straighter roots.

Last edited:
I think I might add some Bask Yam nectar on top.

I need to make sure I do not change up my products this year. I like the change in my hair. I think all that denman/tangle teaser mid shaft splits are all trimmed away.

The Eco styler setback I had last year turned out to be a good thing for my nape. My nape was broken off so badly and I had a dime sized bald spot. I lost my entire nape from ear to ear, now it is collarbone and shoulder length and can blend in now. It is thick and silky and strong thanks to Mill Creek Keratin/Biotin everyday followed up by Curl Junkie Curl rehab in the shower. My nape is so much better than I can ever remember.

Adding sukeysh to my henna has really helped as well.

I think I used a seamless, wide tooth comb only twice last year. Finger combing is the way. My hair is so much thicker.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

This going natural by default is about to end! I can't deal with the detangling sessions. Now I know why I always said if I REALLY want to go back natural I'll BC.

My hair is pretty much even even after all of the heat and wash n goes I do. I really think that if I just keep my hair natural it will grow. I am going to keep it super simple these next few months and try to get to apl.

i get sick and tired of curls but i miss it. having my hair straight when you comb your hair you see the shedded hair and it makes me think im balding, i rather detangle with curls a week later. its not much but still

So... my scalp in the front was not as clean as thought, it began to flake.
I put some henna on my hair, massaged it well on my scalp and but also on my length like a relaxer lol gonna wash it tomorrow afternoon.

so...i finally washed my hair...and ive had this dc on for a while...but im feeling lazy about the next parts (detangling, rinsing, moisturizing) arrrgh. ill do it after dinner...i think.

Even though I set my goal at HL, all I really want is hair that I can put into a nice bun. I LOVE buns! Once I reach BL (bun length) I'm probably gonna stop caring about how long it gets past that.

Just thinking how far I've come in my hair journey. I can't believe I used to relax every 5-6 weeks and right now I'm 11 weeks post and not planning on touching up for at least 3 more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I had quite a few little hairs come out while styling. Grrr. I did trim but surely washing and conditioning and rinsing would have caught any stray cut hairs. I'll use some Aphoghee 2 min next wash then DC or mix the two. Maybe my DIY steaming method wasn't a good idea?? Hmm. Otherwise my hair feels good. Nice, plump, moisturized twists.

I was planning to pincurl my CF set, but now I'm thinking I'll just pineapple. Pincurling seems like it'd be a ham since I'm getting up in a few hrs & these curls are spirals...

My shower comb isn't working anymore. My hair is too thick and it doesn't take out all the tangles. Guess I gotta buy a Denman before shampoo day!

My hair is so ridiculously dense that I tried to part my hair for 20 minutes to try and see scalp for flat twists and I couldn't do it. So I gave up on the style and went back to my trusty bun.

i dont know what i want to do with my hair. i keep thinking, im gonna stretch it out and twist, but then i think, in a few days ill just condition wash and stretching it will have been useless...im def not gonna keep stretching it everytime i get it wet. too lazy for all that. i dunno. ill figure it out

Yesterday's henna session came out great! Lovely, soft, detangled hair....wonderful!

I did an overnight DC with honey, egg yolks and coconut oil (my wonder-mix). Then hennaed with Karishma(?) henna for 5 hours. Rinsed by dunking head in water and swishing... detangled with conditioner....co-washed...used Shikakai tea to clean my scalp. Towel dried, then sealed with Crisco.
Good hair week ahead :yep:.

Kind of ironic how I was saying I can buy Sheamoisture Body Oils and scrubs because Walgreens has sales, and they are natural compared to Cream and Coco scrubs and body tinctures/glazes and then lo and behold a sale pops up.

I re upped on my body washes, oils and scrubs. Free shipping over $25? an additional 14% off on top of the buy one get one half off?, I can deal with that AND it should arrive in 2-5 business days???? sold!

I don't know why I strayed.

Kind of ironic how I was saying I can buy Sheamoisture Body Oils and scrubs because Walgreens has sales, and they are natural compared to Cream and Coco scrubs and body tinctures/glazes and then lo and behold a sale pops up.

I re upped on my body washes, oils and scrubs. Free shipping over $25? an additional 14% off on top of the buy one get one half off?, I can deal with that AND it should arrive in 2-5 business days???? sold!

I don't know why I strayed.

D@mn d@mn d@mn. Whyyyy Walgreens must you taunt me? lol

Thanks for posting

Back