Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Has anyone noticed that Mielle has removed the "Organics" from their labeling? Hmmmm........

Just checked her site and you're right! I just bought a bunch of her products she bet'not change the ingredients!
giphy.gif

Someone installed flat twists that were very, very close to my scalp and very, very tiny. She refused to apply product to my length or ends--only the roots.

This was DISASTROUS. My hair was so incredibly tangled. My ends were dry as sandpaper. I got so much breakage and shedding.

Letting the Soultanicals Soulvedic Stands Poo sit on my hair for about 10 minutes healed my hair. The suds gave crazy detangle-ability, too. I was so relieved!

This latest setback has caused me to pull back mentally. I just don't want to be this concerned about my hair's length/ends anymore. I really want to focus more on 24-7 maintenance of moisture. :yep: I am thinking about getting a significant trim and just running my ayurvedic regimen building in peace without tracking anything. I plan to snap photos every 3 months for visual comparison, but that's it. Chunky twisting, bunning, wigging, and washing and going if I band overnight all work for me. I am ready to coast. :smile: :up:

Someone installed flat twists that were very, very close to my scalp and very, very tiny. She refused to apply product to my length or ends--only the roots.

This was DISASTROUS. My hair was so incredibly tangled. My ends were dry as sandpaper. I got so much breakage and shedding.

Letting the Soultanicals Soulvedic Stands Poo sit on my hair for about 10 minutes healed my hair. The suds gave crazy detangle-ability, too. I was so relieved!

This latest setback has caused me to pull back mentally. I just don't want to be this concerned about my hair's length/ends anymore. I really want to focus more on 24-7 maintenance of moisture. :yep: I am thinking about getting a significant trim and just running my ayurvedic regimen building in peace without tracking anything. I plan to snap photos every 3 months for visual comparison, but that's it. Chunky twisting, bunning, wigging, and washing and going if I band overnight all work for me. I am ready to coast. :smile: :up:
Aww that is a shame this happened. Your hair will bounce back in no time. I know how you feel. One of my main rules is to not let anyone touch my hair Everrr-r-r. And another one of my personal rules is don't experiment, no braids, weaves, no wash go's, and no heavy parting, none of that. Leave it alone and let it do what it do.

So I am 30 months post relaxer in 8 days which makes me think about how many times I would have relaxed my hair by now if I was still relaxed.

Let's see...I use to relax my hair every two months or so, I probably would have relaxed my hair about 13 times already from 6/5/15 to 12/5/17.

So my ends would have to have been trimmed 13 times.... 0.5" x 13 = 6.5 inches lost due to relaxer run-off and regular wear & tear.

Being natural I have only had to trim my hair twice. so 0.5" X 2 = 1". Hurray!!

ORS Relaxer: $4.99 X 13 = $64.87 saved.

Waist Length in February/March!!

On that day I will wear the biggest bun that I can possibly create. Most naturals flat iron and blow dry on a milestone such as that, but me, I'll be wearing the kinkiest, highly textured, cotton candy ball on my head.

Straight hair is not a celebratory hairstyle for me.

Last edited:
Soooo, I got tired of waiting for Curls to have a sale on their Blueberry Bliss line. Even though I really wanted more of their hair vitamins, I just couldn't wait. Hairfinity had a buy 2 get 2 free and I couldn't resist.

This means I'm completely stocked up on vitamins for 2018:
7 bottles of Manetabolism
4 bottle Hairfinity
4 bottles of Curls vitamins still waiting to be opened.

Just tryna give these fine strands of mine a boost. :yep:

I have always wanted to be an opera singer and probably would have been one if I persuaded it hard enough. And I have always wanted to do hair.

Seeing all the natural hair salon horror stories just makes me wish I could help. I could go back to school ya'know and do it. I'd specialize in natural hair of course...i'm just thinking. I do my family's hair and they're all natural. I mean I do hair every single weekend without fail. I know how to braid, twist, cornrow...I have a tremendous amount of temperance which is so required for natural hair. I treat others as I would myself (The Golden Rule) 97% of the time. I really could go to school for this... I know the basics like combing from the bottom up, washing in twists, being careful while parting, Ya'know the basics right?, Which most stylists these days don't know or don't do.

I have long natural hair myself (my receipt )so it's not like I don't know the life. I'd obtain a licensed of course. I could pursue this... *scratches chin* I could pursue this...

This has been a random thought.

Last edited:
Yall. Yall!!!

I wanna be witty but I can't. I just bought this oil for, like, $0.00, and I think I slipped up on something. :sekret:

Sunflower Premium Mega Hair Oil, Baobab, 2.5 Oz (Pack of 3)
Sunflower Premium Mega Hair Oil, Kendi, 2.5 Oz (Pack of 3)

And just for fun: Sunflower Nature's Spirit Butter Soap, Mango, 5 Oz (Pack of 3)

(I just bought some more oils, Lord help me! :lachen: Between this and my Curly Proverbz-related hauls, my hair cabinet needs to be empty within the next few days to contain all the stuff I just bought. :yawn:)

Yall. Yall!!!

I wanna be witty but I can't. I just bought this oil for, like, $0.00, and I think I slipped up on something. :sekret:

Sunflower Premium Mega Hair Oil, Baobab, 2.5 Oz (Pack of 3)
Sunflower Premium Mega Hair Oil, Kendi, 2.5 Oz (Pack of 3)

And just for fun: Sunflower Nature's Spirit Butter Soap, Mango, 5 Oz (Pack of 3)

(I just bought some more oils, Lord help me! :lachen: Between this and my Curly Proverbz-related hauls, my hair cabinet needs to be empty within the next few days to contain all the stuff I just bought. :yawn:)

That's how it is when you get excited about something LOL. You want more and more of it. That is how I get.

I am sometimes envious of you ladies because get to try all of these products just for fun or just to improve your regimens.

I can't think of one improvement to be made for my regimen/routine! My regimen is solid, but one day I'll pretend like I need something and go get me some Mane Choice or some Shea Moisture or oh I'dunno ah, ah some As I Am, some....*thinking of a brand* Camile Rose or whatever LOL. Just to break the monotony. One day I'm actually going to spend more then a five dollar bill on something. Just because.

But some of y'all are sleeping on the "El Cheapo" stuff. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
I am sometimes envious of you ladies because get to try all of these products just for fun or just to improve your regimens.

I can't think of one improvement to be made for my regimen/routine! My regimen is solid, but one day I'll pretend like I need something and go get me some Mane Choice or some Shea Moisture or oh I'dunno ah, ah some As I Am, some....*thinking of a brand* Camile Rose or whatever LOL. Just to break the monotony. One day I'm actually going to spend more then a five dollar bill on ssomething. Just because.

But some of y'all are sleeping on the "El Cheapo" stuff.
But, boo, did you click on the links tho! They're just (eta: organic) oils, but $1 ea! And I need a bunch of oils to do this ayurveda.

But, boo, did you click on the links tho! They're just (eta: organic) oils, but $1 ea! And I need a bunch of oils to do this ayurveda.
That smiley face was looking up at your comment wasn't it? LOL That's my fault, but no I wasn't talking about you Honey. I just happened to be thinking about all the expensive hair products that are getting a lot of attention. And one day I'll give myself permission to be a product enthusiasts. If I don't see what all the hoopla is about I'll just simple give them away. I want to join the other side.

Lol ahh!! I wasn't talking about you :lachen::). I was talking to the Black Hair Community.
I posted it specifically for the 'el-cheapos'. :lol:

The key to new products and reggies, without the bad effects that come from bouncing from one thing to the other, is to incorporate new things into whatever you're already doing. Like, if I used your reggie and wanted to incorporate ayurveda, I wouldn't change a thing. I would just put some oil in my normal cholesterol conditioner, try that out a few times.

I don't believe in completely changing reggies every 6 months or whatever. No matter what it is you do, hair needs consistency. :yep: I've been doing MHM the whole time I've been natural (3-4 yrs), I'm just inserting ayurvedic ingredients into it now bc they did me right in the past. (And, girl, these organic oils be expensive! Don't let me get into shipping. :nono: The stuff I posted is how I intend to sample and see what I like.)

But, as a general rule, I try not to 'marry' myself to certain brands and products cuz, soon as I like something, they decide to change it. :wallbash: :lol:

@Honey Bee while we
I posted it specifically for the 'el-cheapos'. :lol:

The key to new products and reggies, without the bad effects that come from bouncing from one thing to the other, is to incorporate new things into whatever you're already doing. Like, if I used your reggie and wanted to incorporate ayurveda, I wouldn't change a thing. I would just put some oil in my normal cholesterol conditioner, try that out a few times.

I don't believe in completely changing reggies every 6 months or whatever. No matter what it is you do, hair needs consistency. :yep: I've been doing MHM the whole time I've been natural (3-4 yrs), I'm just inserting ayurvedic ingredients into it now bc they did me right in the past. (And, girl, these organic oils be expensive! Don't let me get into shipping. :nono: The stuff I posted is how I intend to sample and see what I like.)

But, as a general rule, I try not to 'marry' myself to certain brands and products cuz, soon as I like something, they decide to change it. :wallbash: :lol:
Good points. First thing I'd tweak is my conditioner. But I don't think Blue Magic will ever Change :toocool:.

I bet Wild Growth Hair Oil would be considered Ayurvedic.

I may get into this ayurvedic action. I will have to research the benefits.

@Honey Bee while we

Good points. First thing I'd tweak is my conditioner. But I don't think Blue Magic will ever Change :toocool:.

I bet Wild Growth Hair Oil would be considered Ayurvedic.

I may get into this ayurvedic action. I will have to research the benefits.
If you haven't identified a problem, I'd say leave it alone. :look: 'If it ain't broke...'

But, if you want more natural shine, richer color, a healthier scalp, etc, it might be worth trying. It's probably cheaper to start out with the teas (you can put them in your conditioner too, easy peasy). (I don't like spending a lot of money on a thing I'm not sure about. Once I'm sold, I'm willing to invest.)

I used WGHO, but not consistently. Curly Proverbz was using Grow Aut oil, but shipping got crazy. That's how she ended up making her own stuff. But I'd imagine Grow Aut oil would be an easy way to try it out. :yep:

@hi
If you haven't identified a problem, I'd say leave it alone. :look: 'If it ain't broke...'

But, if you want more natural shine, richer color, a healthier scalp, etc, it might be worth trying. It's probably cheaper to start out with the teas (you can put them in your conditioner too, easy peasy). (I don't like spending a lot of money on a thing I'm not sure about. Once I'm sold, I'm willing to invest.)

I used WGHO, but not consistently. Curly Proverbz was using Grow Aut oil, but shipping got crazy. That's how she ended up making her own stuff. But I'd imagine Grow Aut oil would be an easy way to try it out. :yep:
*Claps hands* so right, "if it ain't broke" exactly what I was thinking lol. And my hair is Blacker than space and shinier than a new penny naturally. Thank you because now I'm going to look at reviews on Grow Aut oil lol. I have heard of that before.

Back