Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I know that nachal hair ain't for everybody. An older lady at work Big chopped and then asked me for some tips. Her curls were very cute and she looked very attractive with the short natural cut. Last week she showed up with GINORMOUS Havana twists sitting on top of her head. I can barely look at her. Her head looks HUGE. She looks like a lion. I don't have anything against weaves, wigs, braids, etc., not for me but to each his/her own, but I would have had a coronary if someone sent me out of their shop looking like that.

I know that nachal hair ain't for everybody. An older lady at work Big chopped and then asked me for some tips. Her curls were very cute and she looked very attractive with the short natural cut. Last week she showed up with GINORMOUS Havana twists sitting on top of her head. I can barely look at her. Her head looks HUGE. She looks like a lion. I don't have anything against weaves, wigs, braids, etc., not for me but to each his/her own, but I would have had a coronary if someone sent me out of their shop looking like that.

I think most crocheted Havana twists look like that :look:

We need another No Buy. We are out of control :shopping:
Agreed, yes. I have a lash extension class next month that will cost me $900 that I have to add in my budget, so I can't really afford to buy stuff now. I need to make me some more money and this is one way of doing just that. Next I want to add Sugaring, Threading, Microdermabrasion and Electrolysis. So I can't be buying as much hair products as I am right now.

@Prettymetty

Can you start a thread, I'll join. There are a couple vendors I need to get staples from but only during a great sale.

Hair is dirty! Not itchy or anything but it just needs to be washed, it is officially lifeless. I have an appointment next Friday. I will use some JBCO and put my hair in two goddess twists until then.

Can anyone recommend a good holy grail gel that will get my edges to lay the *** down? Four gels in my house and not one of them did anything today.

Can anyone recommend a good holy grail gel that will get my edges to lay the *** down? Four gels in my house and not one of them did anything today.

What gels did you try? When my friend was having trouble getting her hair to lay with gorilla snot, I advised her to first wet/ dampen the section she was going to gel with some water, apply her gel, and then set it with a scarf. She had no issues laying her new growith with that technique. She just needed to plan ahead a little.

I have a hair consult with a Ouidad trained stylist for a hair cut. How should I wear my hair? I don't do wash n go's although I'd love too. I normally wear it stretched in a bun but that really isn't telling of my texture. Thoughts?

What gels did you try? When my friend was having trouble getting her hair to lay with gorilla snot, I advised her to first wet/ dampen the section she was going to gel with some water, apply her gel, and then set it with a scarf. She had no issues laying her new growith with that technique. She just needed to plan ahead a little.
I tried ecostyler, that brown gel (never again!), got2be glued (which did lay my edges but it dried white), and some brand called Ancient Blends. But I will try your suggestion to dampen and use a scarf.

Back