Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Even though I love the faster drying time, I don't think that these mesh rollers are good long term. Too much texture on the roller. I'm going back to regular magnetic rollers and just get a better dryer.
If you use endpapers it will protect enough of the ends of your hair until it rolls around enough that it's hair on hair so no hair actually touches the mesh.

Sitting here trying to figure out why I haven't yet done my EOTY length check. Then I remembered, the darn shirt won't fit over this belly!
I like to be consistent with my checks to get a more accurate assessment. So glad the challenge I'm in doesn't require it.

Guess I won't be taking a pic until April or so.

Sitting here trying to figure out why I haven't yet done my EOTY length check. Then I remembered, the darn shirt won't fit over this belly!
I like to be consistent with my checks to get a more accurate assessment. So glad the challenge I'm in doesn't require it.

Guess I won't be taking a pic until April or so.
I'm not getting a shirt until my hair can reach the lines! Lol so that won't be until April! I will get one for my birthday!

I went to pick up some more Redken All Soft Shampoo, and I wasn't paying attention and accidentally got the conditioner. I decided to keep it a try it. It has okay slip, but it's not as moisturizing as the Joico Recover Balm. It might be better in the summer time when there's lots of moisture in the air. I'll try it again in late May when the humidity gets back up.

I just ordered some Slaps to wear at night or when I'm out and about. I'm sure dh is tired of my satin bonnet.

@Prettymetty, I sleep in my Slaps all the time...at first my husband complained they weren't sexy or cute and then one night he slept in one of mine and it was almost a fight to get it back! He only stopped wearing it when I threatened to cut him to the white meat...stretching my Slap with his big ole head, get your own brah!!!:catfight: Slaps are addictive!!!!

Note to self: when protecting the length of your hair from relaxer run off by using conditioner and "grease" ...it made your hair hard. Find another method.

Oh no! What type of condish and grease did you use and in what order? Also, how many times did you neutralize? Do you do a midstep protein?

I prefer to use a moisturizing condish with cones instead of a coneless one or protein one. I use Aussie Moist and Blue Magic, in that order. For some reason EVOO and condish didn't provide me with enough protection and my hair did process again :( I also make sure to neutralize a lot and do an ACV rinse. When I did my virgin Texlax a few years ago, I had so much texture left (see pic) but then it became straighter and harder bc I didn't neutralize properly.

full

I hope you figure it out bc you were so excited about your hair again!

Oh no! What type of condish and grease did you use and in what order? Also, how many times did you neutralize? Do you do a midstep protein?

I prefer to use a moisturizing condish with cones instead of a coneless one or protein one. I use Aussie Moist and Blue Magic, in that order. For some reason EVOO and condish didn't provide me with enough protection and my hair did process again :( I also make sure to neutralize a lot and do an ACV rinse. When I did my virgin Texlax a few years ago, I had so much texture left (see pic) but then it became straighter and harder bc I didn't neutralize properly.

full

I hope you figure it out bc you were so excited about your hair again!
•It was blue magic and some random conditioner I got a while ago and was trying to use up
•I mixed them together lol
•I neutralized probably 4 or 5 times because my hair felt weird from that combination. It felt kinda sticky and coated.
•I'm scared to use ACV on my relaxed hair. I've already pushed the limit with how closely (time-wise) I've applied the chemicals lol
•Your hair is/was gorgeous!
•I think all is well again. I applied my Netwurks stuff, my PW77 (prettywitty77 moisture mix), and my oil mix. My hair is soft again :D
I had my head tied with my scarf and I had to take it off. My head was hot lol.

Back