Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

What styles do you gals use for hold, definition and to combat humidity. I live in S. Florida and year round it's humid. Since I moved hearbi have never had a successful twist or braid out. Gels don't last long enough and are too crunchy.

I just moved to VA from South FL a couple months ago. Before that, I lived in FL my whole life. I use Wet-line Xtreme gel on top of a little hair grease for my twist outs. Let me tell you, ain't no humidity getting through those two products together! Although the Wetline dries kind of hard at first, I wear the twists for a few days and by the time I unravel, my hair is very soft and hydrated. :D

Welp, I relaxed my hair :laugh:

My head has been itching FEROCIOUSLY for the past week.

I just bought the relaxer 2(?) days ago (I have no concept of time).

I took my crochet microlocks down the same day I bought the relaxer, washed my hair the next day , and did a light protein treatment, but I didn't detangle :wallbash:

Today I thought I was gonna pull my hair out my scalp, that's how itchy I was.

So even though I had just previously washed my hair the day before, I did the craziest thing and relaxed the very next day.

I swear my scalp calmed down once I started getting the tools together :ohwell:

Y'all, why I tweak and thought I was doing a touchup? You should have seen me trying to hurry up and comb through my hair (I was natural) once I realized I needed to do my entire head :lachen:

I have a sensitive spot on my left temple (because I saved my edges for last and put the processing hair in the wrong spot). Tell me why I ran out of relaxer for the back (the shaved part that's currently growing in) :dead:, so now I have a texlaxed patch with straight hair :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My hair is soft though (s/o to Vitale Sensitive Scalp), I did another light protein treatment before I neutralized and I'm about to get from under the dryer.

I'm tired y'all, this has been an adventure. Hopefully my hair doesn't fall out :lachen:

Put me in the hair prayer circle please :amen:

I took my crochet microlocks down the same day I bought the relaxer, washed my hair the next day , and did a light protein treatment, but I didn't detangle :wallbash:

So even though I had just previously washed my hair the day before, I did the craziest thing and relaxed the very next day.

Y'all, why I tweak and thought I was doing a touchup? You should have seen me trying to hurry up and comb through my hair (I was natural) once I realized I needed to do my entire head :lachen:

I have a sensitive spot on my left temple (because I saved my edges for last and put the processing hair in the wrong spot). Tell me why I ran out of relaxer for the back (the shaved part that's currently growing in) :dead:, so now I have a texlaxed patch with straight hair :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My hair is soft though (s/o to Vitale Sensitive Scalp), I did another light protein treatment before I neutralized and I'm about to get from under the dryer.

I'm tired y'all, this has been an adventure. Hopefully my hair doesn't fall out :lachen:

You sound like me! lol I was so tired! I blow dried my hair instead of letting it air dry first. That took forever! I flat ironed my hair and turned around to put it in a bun! You can always correct the back later.

Vitale relaxers always gave me nice results. I LOVE their proffesional line. I'm thinking of relaxing too but my hair has finally gotten long enough to look good without messing with it everyday

Vitale relaxers always gave me nice results. I LOVE their proffesional line. I'm thinking of relaxing too but my hair has finally gotten long enough to look good without messing with it everyday
I didn't know they had a professional line. And regarding your hair, if it ain't broke why fix it?

I bought a new Keratin stronger than I usually use. I want to relax the curl a bit more. if that doesn't work I will either relax or wear wigs again.
Oh cool, what did you get? When I used the ion tms on my natural hair it made my hair break off something serious. Guess my hair didn't need that much keratin lol

Is glycerin known for making your hair frizzy? It helps draw moisture from the air to your hair so wouldn't that make sense? My hair is soft but perpetually super frizzy and I'm wondering if it's the high amount glycerin in my products. I also live in Missouri and it's humid here (not terribly, but still)

Is glycerin known for making your hair frizzy? It helps draw moisture from the air to your hair so wouldn't that make sense? My hair is soft but perpetually super frizzy and I'm wondering if it's the high amount glycerin in my products. I also live in Missouri and it's humid here (not terribly, but still)
I suppose that could be possible. Have you tried using products WITHOUT glycerin to see if it's the culprit?

Yep this is typical glycerin in humidity behaviour. I've just had to cut all my leave-in/moisturising products with glycerin out of my regimen. It's great in DCs though.

Back