Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I have just started a new instagram hair page and would appreciate the follow and showing some of your healthy hair whether long or short as well as regimens attached to it. You can also drop your Instagram names down if you want as well. Instagram name is Goldenstrandz
I just use my Instagram for following people so I only have one picture up. My Instagram name is AmorLaluz

I've gone back to flaxseed gel which is a softer hold and even mixed in some peppermint, tea tree oil and vitamin e. I think I have some okra in the fridge that I can maybe test out to see if the hold is stronger :scratchchin:.

My scalp feels so nice and clean. Idk how people go months in protective styles without washing.

My so would want to come over this weekend while i'm trying to get my hair together... I may have to move my appt since I also need to get my car worked on.

Ok, this Freetress Deep Twist is not the bizness for crochets braids. The knots are slipping every which way (except for the front, where I used the smallest bits of hair). Also, it was curlier than I expected, I had to blow dry it a little. I was in here looking like the Cowardly Lion. :lol: I added some layers, cut out some bulk, it's workable, but I still need some thinning shears.

Next up, Freetress Kinky Brazilian Braid which looks close to my hair in a twist out. Maybe I'll try leave out this time? This set I have in now is only my second ever, so I'm still playing around with it.

I should have taken a picture of my tension blowdry yesterday. It came out so good. My curls were nice, soft, and loose. I pretty much gave up on trying to flatiron my own hair for now until it's much longer i guess. I'll take a picture and post the next time I do a tension blowdry.

Last edited:
watching the 630 news now..NBC

there is a lawsuit going on with WEN coming up...

they were saying that it causes hair loss due to one ingredient or a
combination of ingredients. there will be a settlement.

the lawsuit is being filed against Chazz and his marketing company.

i know there are many on the board who like that product...

Last edited:
watching the 630 news now..NBC

there is a lawsuit going on with WEN coming up...

they were saying that it causes hair loss due to one ingredient or a
combination of ingredients. there will be a settlement.

the lawsuit is being filed against Chazz and his marketing company.

i know there are many on the board who like that product...
I was hearing that in school but didn't believe it

i bought the Jackie wig..i hated it. i gave it to Twingurl she hated and tried to trim it..it didn't work. she gave it to a friends daughter. after the trimming i di and she did..the wig looks cut on her. bummer.

i am going to order the new Drew wig as a gift to myself. that will be my holiday hair.

my thinning spots are filling it.very slowly but surely.. one time i was trimming my hair with the clippers and got the dumbest idea not to use the guards...ummm i won't be doing that again.

Ok, this Freetress Deep Twist is not the bizness for crochets braids. The knots are slipping every which way (except for the front, where I used the smallest bits of hair). Also, it was curlier than I expected, I had to blow dry it a little. I was in here looking like the Cowardly Lion. :lol: I added some layers, cut out some bulk, it's workable, but I still need some thinning shears.

Next up, Freetress Kinky Brazilian Braid which looks close to my hair in a twist out. Maybe I'll try leave out this time? This set I have in now is only my second ever, so I'm still playing around with it.
I like crochet braids but with the different kinds of hair the learning curve can be rough.

Oh my days why did I decide to do my hair tonight? I am sitting here with conditioner on. Just finished my dinner at 11 at night. I still need to clay wash, style with gel and trim/ dust. And I have work in the morning, argh!

I started taking multivitamins again to get a hair growth spurt and I have been experienced very strange and vivid dreams. Last night i dreamt I won a date with Kobe Bryant in some random contest that I don't even remember participating in and we were hanging out in LA on our date...like he wasn't married and I didn't live with my SO in philly...and i thought it was real :look:

Ok i feel weird now so I am going to exit this thread lol.

Oh my days why did I decide to do my hair tonight? I am sitting here with conditioner on. Just finished my dinner at 11 at night. I still need to clay wash, style with gel and trim/ dust. And I have work in the morning, argh!
I always do to myself too lol. In fact, I plan on doing my hair tonight..at least attempt to lol

Oh so this is why my relaxer costs so much now. They've redesigned the relaxer container AND added more goodies. Here's the front and back of the containers. The one on the left is from the October relaxer and the one on the right is the one I'm going to use tonight. The October relaxer doesn't have ingredients posted on the container, but the new one does.

Attachments

• IMG_20151217_195101.jpg
    IMG_20151217_195101.jpg
    956.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20151217_195341.jpg
    IMG_20151217_195341.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 26
I would trade thickness over length any day. Increasing my hair thickness has been steady and a struggle, but I see my length improving quickly. In early March when I recommitted myself to my hair health, my hair was a struggling layered SL and now my lowest layer is around BSB.

Going into the new year I am going to see if increased MSM makes a difference and continued silica as well as collagen.

Lush shampoo bars are the only thing that doesn't make my scalp itch . It's not amazing for the hair (I love CON argan) but my hair is not frizzy or dry and my scalp is clean and balanced .
Godiva /Jason Argan and thrichomania are my faves

I finally made an appointment to get my hair relaxed and cut. I'm going to JcPenny, I talked to three black sylist; two natural and one relaxed.

I'm looking forward to no longer having to fight to detangle my hair.

I chelated before applying the Aphogee treatment. I sat under the dryer for exactly 28.o4 minutes before I heard a loud thump behind me. The damn hood had cracked and fell off the dryer. That's just great. My hair was only a third dry. I air dried and pressed on. My problem is not the fact that I have to purchase a new hooded dryer, but which one? :pullhair:

Due to finals I neglected my hair this past week. It's getting some tlc Monday. I'll probably do a blowout, s&d and take pics for challenges then do a flexirod set or a twist and curl.

I think I'm going to start using cones again. Not in my shampoo or conditioner, but in a spray detangler/leave in. I already shampoo weekly, so buildup shouldn't be a problem. The thing is, I started using a Denman brush to style my wash and gos and stopped using cream leave ins. My hair strands are thick enough to resist some breakage, but probably not weekly brushing without some slip. I figure it would be better to just use some slippery cones than risk breakage because I want to be a curly girl purist.

I did a flexi rod set a few days ago (Thursday, took it down Friday) and I liked it. I pineapple at night and my hair is just getting bigger and fluffier. I LOVE IT! My roots are tangled though :look:

Back