Raggedy Ends....GONE!

*ElleB

The final chop chop was done today, ending all of my end-woes....Alas, it was bittersweet...the length I had gained was sadly diminished, BUT the horrid, splitting ends that required constant lubrication are no longer an issue. :) There's something to smile about.

ETA: Go to page 2 for pics!

Last edited:
There's nothing better than working with a head of healthy hair with clean ends. You won't regret it :)

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. I cut about 2-3 inches off last week. Don't forget to post pictures also.

I chopped off about 2 inches last week and I miss the length but my hair looks so much better. I was right at APL length but what was the point if I could not wear my hair down because of my ends. Atleast we know that our can get to those lenghts.

gradygirl said:
I chopped off about 2 inches last week and I miss the length but my hair looks so much better. I was right at APL length but what was the point if I could not wear my hair down because of my ends. Atleast we know that our can get to those lenghts.

So true! I am also close to armpit, about 1/2in-1 inch and I am about to chop off 1-2 inches. I know that my hair will grow back and will be even fuller and healthier. I had a setback last fall and have been growing out a thin area (from a bad self-relaxing mishap--never again!). I am tired of holding on to the setback and I am ready to start afresh! I am excited for myself and for everyone who gets a fresh start with a new cut. It feels great! :) Thanks everyone for sharing b/c it encourages me and maybe others who are thinking about doing a much-needed snip!

I got a 2 in. trim last week, too. I feel soo much better! Detangling is a breeze and I can wear it down again... but the best thing is you hardly notice that my hair is shorter! I don´t miss those thin scraggly ends! :)

You'll grow ti back in no time, esp. with the healthy thick ends to start fresh with.

000_0059.jpg

Excuse my dirty mirror! lol, this is the best I could take at the moment...As you can see, it all evened out on the ends....I'm gonna go clean my mirror and try to take better ones! lol
seemyends.jpg

Ok, I just cropped it up!

Last edited:
Big Congrats ElleB. I will get mine done friday too. But your ends are looking so much better. I know that makes you smile.

caribeandiva said:
girl, you need a new avatar. the old one doesn't do your hair justice.

I was going to say almost the same thing. Time to update avatar. ;)

Back