Racks on Racks of Splits

belletropjolie

So I got a weave in December and I am getting ready to take it out this weekend. I was idly playing with my hair when I started examining my ends closely and noticed a ton of split ends! When I say tons I mean about 20 or 30 on each side:nono:.

OF course I got out my sharp scissors and started snipping away. But here's the weird thing, I noticed that the splits were only my leave out by my ears. I saw almost no splits on my leave out hair on my bangs and at my crown.

I'll be honest I'm a lot more consistent in moisturizing my hair in front simply because it easier to reach (yes I really am that lazy:lol:) and I can moisturize it in a hurry.

I was wondering if any weave wearing LHCF'ers have experienced this before? Now I'm terrified that when I take own my braids I'll have splits all over.

I don't think I have the answer you need but I just wanted to say that I am too mad at the title! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: #DEAD

Make sure that you generously moisturize and seal your leave-out. Moisturize and seal more than once a day, if necessary.

Make sure that you cover your leave-out with a satin scarf or bonnet before going to sleep.

Do you use heat on your leave-out? If so, try to decrease the amount of heat that you use or eliminate it.

Also, in your initial post, you said that you were idly playing with your hair. Randomly playing in your hair can lead to splits, so try not to play with your hair.

Back