R.I.P: Natural Hair 2006-2006

KnottyGurl

:cry3:You'll be missed! :cry:

Well ya'll, I held out for 5 months (as of today). I tried and tried, but the final straw came yesterday. Tuesday, I had a dominican blowout (fab-you-lous by the way, but OOOh the heat!). Wednesday morning, after my workout, my roots gave up the ghost:angel:. So I was left in a predicament: Do I want to focus on natural hair OR weight loss because I can't do both. Braids and weaves weren't even an option because I'm sick of those, not to mention they are he11 on my edges. Why, O-WHY, must I choose?

Anyway, I chose....weight loss. I sweat too much, not to mention my classes start next week. That's too much going on and a sista has to maximize her sexy in a minimum amount of time!;) :look: So, anyway, I'll continue stretching instead of transitioning until I can handle it again.

:beer: One for my lost homie..

GeechyGurl said:

Well ya'll, I held out for 5 months (as of today). I tried and tried, but the final straw came yesterday. Tuesday, I had a dominican blowout (fab-you-lous by the way, but OOOh the heat!). Wednesday morning, after my workout, my roots gave up the ghost:angel:. So I was left in a predicament: Do I want to focus on natural hair OR weight loss because I can't do both. Braids and weaves weren't even an option because I'm sick of those, not to mention they are he11 on my edges. Why, O-WHY, must I choose?

Anyway, I chose....weight loss. I sweat too much, not to mention my classes start next week. That's too much going on and a sista has to maximize her sexy in a minimum amount of time!;) :look: So, anyway, I'll continue stretching instead of transitioning until I can handle it again.

Okay, first I know this is a little off topic but I love the way you set this thread up. lololol I was too tickled. Anyway I'm sorry you had to give up on your transition after hanging in there for so long!!! Do what's best for you, girlly. I wish you the best (hair, body, and soullllllllllllllllllllllllllll) :grin:

Girl, you do what's best for you! Good luck with your weight loss and hair care endeavors - those are very noble goals!

And I must admit that I chuckled over the "one for my lost homie..." You have a really good sense of humor! :grin:

It's not dead, it's just sleeping. As long as you live natural hair will be an option. You can resurrect it anytime you please. :)

P.S. Welcome back to the darkside. bawahahahaa! :sekret:

GeechyGurl said:

Don't feel bad. I transitioned for six months before doing the big chop, wore my hair natural for another six months and went back to the creamy crack about two weeks ago. I found this board and am happy with my decision. I know my hair is healthy now and I know how to keep my permed hair healthy. Good luck to you and whatever you decide to do. Who knows, we may both decide to go back to the napptural side one day!!!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Well do what's good for you... as one poster said, you can always have natural hair... But if this is your moment to focus on physical health, go for it!

sareca said:
It's not dead, it's just sleeping. As long as you live natural hair will be an option. You can resurrect it anytime you please. :)

P.S. Welcome back to the darkside. bawahahahaa! :sekret:

Thank you ladies for the support. I'm ok with my choice so far. I think I'll be grieving discretly for a while, but I'll make it.

SARECA! NOT YOU! What cave have I been living in? I didn't know the creamy force got you too. :nono: It must be icy in hell. Anyway, I'm glad to be able to share my story with my sistas-in-hair.

Last edited:
I''m going through this decision right now lol. Its only been 5 months and I'm thinking when I go to the hairdresser I'll just tell them I my transition turned into a long stretching period. My decision is also affected by wanting to be able to workout, and I know I can't press my hair everyday or even several times a day w/o horrible damage. I wish I knew how to braid my own hair because atleast I could braid it as tight as I wanted and even if it didnt last that long, it was "free" and I could afford to have it redone often. So far, I haven't found a braider in my area that doesn't pull the hair really tight and doesn't charge a lot.

Decisions, decisions....

Back