Quick weave, Falls 101

KathyMay

I am taking my hair out of cornrows and I don't want to get any braids until I am closer to my due date and I am tired of buns and phony ponies, so I figured I would try out the quick weave/falls. Ladies give me the 411 on quick weaves I plan on wearing it for two weeks at a time and would like to go with human hair if possible. Any tips, suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, the ones by Outre are fine. I think the other poster may have thought that you meant a Quick Weave- as in weave glued to your hair.

When you meantion quick weaves, are you talking about when they glue the tracks on top of your hair, or they call half wigs, but they also called them quick weaves or falls.

I loveeeeee me some half wigs because they are very convenient. You can take care of your hair while wearing someone else hair,:grin: I meant mine because I bought it right!

They come in all colors, brands, and styles.
You wear your hair out at the front of it and some will cornrow the rest of their hair, but I put mine in a ponytail and baggie while wearing it.

Your can check out my fotki of some that I wear and I plan to buy more soon.
http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/hairstylesandprotec/

Thanks so much I am going to check out your fotki now..

When you meantion quick weaves, are you talking about when they glue the tracks on top of your hair, or they call half wigs, but they also called them quick weaves or falls.

I loveeeeee me some half wigs because they are very convenient. You can take care of your hair while wearing someone else hair,:grin: I meant mine because I bought it right!

They come in all colors, brands, and styles.
You wear your hair out at the front of it and some will cornrow the rest of their hair, but I put mine in a ponytail and baggie while wearing it.

Your can check out my fotki of some that I wear and I plan to buy more soon.
http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/hairstylesandprotec/

Last edited:
Oh okay, I'm from Detroit where so when I hear "Quick Weave" I automatically think...gel all the hair down until it's nice and hard and apply weave with glue-"Quick Weave". Thanks for clearing that up! :lachen:

Now that I have that straight, a Fall or the Outre Quick Weave shoud be fine. :yep:

I love Frestress brand becasue they have drawstings to some of thiers...you can make a ponytail if you like

Check my fotki.....check on my hair album

I checked out your fotki and the Milano one is hot, where did u get it from.

I love Frestress brand becasue they have drawstings to some of thiers...you can make a ponytail if you like

Check my fotki.....check on my hair album

I have a bunch of pictures in my fotki and I have a few more that I'm gonna add when I get home. I usually buy Synthetic though but I have worn human ones in the past.

I would like to wear a fall but due to me being natural, there are not many options available for me. I want something like this:

007_edited.jpg

Maybe if I buy a straight fall and did a twist out or something on it...

What about this one from Frestress called Jamaican Girl

FC351_JamaicanGirl.jpg
I would like to wear a fall but due to me being natural, there are not many options available for me. I want something like this:

007_edited.jpg

Maybe if I buy a straight fall and did a twist out or something on it...

Chosing to wear a 1/2 wig or a Fall is good! I wear them all the time and my hair has grown alot. I have been wearing them since high school.

I usually part my hair from ear to ear-or- l'll leave just my bang out. I would then corn row the rest of my hair to provide a flat base for my wig to lay down flat.

Check out my fotki page! My favorite 1/2 wigs are made by Enstyle, Sensationnel, and Shake-N-Go!

Patticake, If you are looking for a big natural curly one like Be'yonce. Check the one on my Fotki Page. It is made by Enstyle.:yep:

Chosing to wear a 1/2 wig or a Fall is good! I wear them all the time and my hair has grown alot. I have been wearing them since high school.

I usually part my hair from ear to ear-or- l'll leave just my bang out. I would then corn row the rest of my hair to provide a flat base for my wig to lay down flat.

Check out my fotki page! My favorite 1/2 wigs are made by Enstyle, Sensationnel, and Shake-N-Go!

Patticake, If you are looking for a big natural curly one like Be'yonce. Check the one on my Fotki Page. It is made by Enstyle.:yep:

Girl I checked out your protective styles and I really really love them and girl you are rocking the ones with the color, they compliment your skin very well and the makeup is beautiful.

Chavascandy, what's the name of your Enstyle curly half wig in your fotki? It's really pretty!

You look so pretty in your 1/2 wig:yep:. I never paid attention to Enstyle but they have so many 1/2 wigs I'd wear.

Awh! Thanks Ya'll.

Jetblackhair, I'm not sure off that curly one made by Enstyle.

I really don't pay attention to the name! I just judge by how cute it is on the self And try it on!

If the style fits my face then I will purchase the wig.

Ladies, my advice. When shopping for a wig of 1/2 wig, always try it on!
Remember, the wig may look good on the
manican but, it may not look good on you!

Awh! Thanks Ya'll.

Jetblackhair, I'm not sure off that curly one made by Enstyle.

I really don't pay attention to the name! I just judge by how cute it is on the self And try it on!

If the style fits my face then I will purchase the wig.

Ladies, my advice. When shopping for a wig of 1/2 wig, always try it on!
Remember, the wig may look good on the
manican but, it may not look good on you!

Thanks Chava.

Hi yall, just to let you know this is my first time using long hair care forum but I just started wearing falls and I want an input on them. Like which is better to have a synthetic fall or a human hair one. Also what do YOU do with YOUR hair underneath. :ohwell: What I do is put a leave-in conditioner in and put castor oil on over it to seal in the moisture!
Thank-you :yep:

Last edited:
Hi yall, just to let you know this is my first time using long hair care forum but I just started wearing falls and I want an unput on them. Like which is better to have a synthetic fall or a human hair one. Also what do YOU do with YOUR hair underneath. :ohwell: What I do is put a leave-in conditioner in and put castor oil on over it to seal in the moisture!
Thank-you :yep:

I buy synthetic because they hold the style longer. And they're cheaper. HTH....

Back