Question about quick weave

bee

I wanted to know if any of you have had a good experience with quick weaves. My sister has them put in and her hair is really growing! I want one but I would prefer to use the cap as opposed to gluing the hair onto mine.

Has anyone ever used the cap for her quick weave? Were you able to take it off and put it back on with your style intact?

I used the half head quick weave.It had clips in it.I would just change the way that i parted my hair as to not cause stress on the same section.The back of my hair was always braided under the quick weave.I took it off every night.

I think the OP is referring to glued-in weaves rather than half wigs, right? If so, I would DEFINITELY recommend having the hair sewn onto a cap rather than your own hair. But I think there are some ladies who have done glued-in sew-ins and didn't lose any hair.

i recently had a quik weave and it was my first, i was very skeptical and the stylist assured me that it wouldnt take my hair out, i got this oil remover made by proclaim from sallys that really did the job, i didnt lose hair, no breakage just shedding that i would have lost anyway...it took about an hour to take the glue out, thats my only down side to it all, for that reason i will get a sew in next time

Thanks ladies! I have an appointment on Tuesday to have this done. My sister said that I have to make sure all the glue is out if I have the hair glued on to mine. She took hers out w/ baby and olive oil.

Are there any ladies who've had the quick wrap glued onto a cap? Were you able to take it on and off w/o compromising the style?

@CA!: Do you have any pics of the half-weave w/ clips? My hair is a little past SL and I'm going for the bob look w/ no hair left out. Could I achieve that style with the clips?

:huh: OK, so is a quick weave when you glue the tracks onto a cap (making it removable) or does it mean gluing tracks on your head?

I'm not altogether certain I even know what a quick weave is. :help:I'm confused.

:huh: OK, so is a quick weave when you glue the tracks onto a cap (making it removable) or does it mean gluing tracks on your head?

I'm not altogether certain I even know what a quick weave is. :help:I'm confused.

From Braidsbybreslin.com:

What is a Quick Weave? It's a type of full-head weave - minus the time it takes to do an actual full-head weave. In order to create a flawless Quick Weave, the stylist must first create a canvas by slicking the hair straight back with gel. :blush: The client must then sit under the dryer until the hair is completely dry. Tracks are then applied using bond, and the hair is styled accordingly.

BTW, I have never had a quick weave and as someone posted, others have had good experiences.

Thanks ladies! I have an appointment on Tuesday to have this done. My sister said that I have to make sure all the glue is out if I have the hair glued on to mine. She took hers out w/ baby and olive oil.

Are there any ladies who've had the quick wrap glued onto a cap? Were you able to take it on and off w/o compromising the style?

@CA!: Do you have any pics of the half-weave w/ clips? My hair is a little past SL and I'm going for the bob look w/ no hair left out. Could I achieve that style with the clips?

I've had a quick weave where the weave was glued to a cap on my braided hair. I did not loose one strand of hair. :yep:

This was way back in high school.

You still have to be careful when removing the cap because sometimes the glue can seep through the cap and get onto your hair. Just use oil sheen to remove. I was able to take mine off, and put it right back on...lol. HTH

Back