Quick Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I keep hearing "evening primrose" mentioned around here! Is that an herb taken internally or externally? What are the benefits? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I take it internally(soft gel). You can apply it topically..but I want to moisturize from the inside out. I take it along with flaxseed oil. It's also helping my dry skin.

Look what I found?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil

EPO has been shown to be beneficial for a wide range of conditions.<font color="blue">

Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) – has been shown to eradicate swollen abdomen and breast discomfort as well as reducing
irritability and depression.

Eczema and other skin disorders – available on prescription for eczema Psoriasis may be helped by EPO and Fish Oils.

Cholesterol and Blood Pressure – has been shown to reduce high serum cholesterol and blood pressure, but may take several
weeks or longer to achieve.

Rheumatoid Arthritis – sufferers have discontinued use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs after supplementation, but it is more effective when taken in conjunction with fish oils.

Alcoholism – may make withdrawal easier, and reduce post-drinking depression.

Immune System – low levels of essential fatty acids may stop the action of interferon, and body’s natural virus killer.

Other conditions – Obesity, Benign Breast Disease, Childhood Hyperactivity and Schizophrenia have all been shown to be helped by EPO supplementation.

Back