QUICK! ITS HAIR WASH DAY, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

jaibee

Hey everyone! I'm transitioning and I have about 2 inches of new growth. I'm washing my hair today and don't wan't to put any heat on it other than the heat from the hooded dryer. If I do a doobie will it turn out okay with all the new growth? Or should I just stick to my braidout/twistout? Thanks, please hurry, I am washing my hair in a few hours.... :-)

I'd do the braidout in order to hide the texture. Granted I did a rollerset on mine last night and it doesn't look to bad because it's pinned up.

<font color="brown">It really depends on the look you are trying to achieve, and the thickness of your hair.

Personally, I am still able to do a rollerset close to relaxer time and it will pull the new growth somewhat straight. BUT, I am not sure about a full 2 inches of growth - - I don't think I have ever had that much new growth.

The Braidout style will definitely disguise the texture difference, and it could save you from using as much heat if you plan to let it airdry all or most of the way.

AngieK </font>

jaibee,

I know its late, but next time, try using pure unrefined coconut oil on your new growth before rollersetting. It actually helps to straighten it out....HTH

Back