Quick! I need a cheap super moisturizing conditioner...

pazyamor

SO... I am a poor college student and I am having trouble finding a good cheap moisturizing conditioner...any suggestions? I already use Profective, but I'm starting to think it's not working all that well, at least not like it used to. Any and all input is welcome.

Matter of fact, can ya'll just give me some good drug store finds for me dry, colored hair? Moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, or anything else that has helped you on your hair journey.

Thanks ladies, and have a lovely week!

i feel ya girl im a college student too, i use mane and tail, ors replenishing pak($1.29), and creme of nature, i love the ors pak. HTH

Hello Hydration is good
White rain tropical coconut

Now these are the ones I use for cowashing or a final rinse...I need something heavier/richer for deep conditioning....ORS Replenishing is my favorite...but it only comes in a large bottle (23 oz) so it will run you about 12 bucks....not exactly cheap, but very good. They also come in packs for like 1.29.

I get a 62oz of Silicone Mix for 26 bucks- now that's a deal! When a 32oz of Nexxus Humectress is $37. Smaller sizes range from about $5-12 and will last about a month and a half. Check out your local BSSs for Dominican Conditioners, they're very affordable and do wonders for your hair. Also www.roundbrush.com has them. HTHs

Queen Helene Cholesterol is dirt cheap and very moisturizing. I think I'm the only one on the forum who uses it though. :sekret:

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol- I cannot say enough about this, moisturising and cheap also Elasta QP DPR is good...

i was about to star this thread looking for a good deep condtitioner too i have the ors one but it has a lil protein in it so my hair doesnt like me using it every week

If you want true moisture, not just something that makes your hair feel good while it's wet in the shower, then I think you should try to go with a salon quality brand.

If you want true moisture, not just something that makes your hair feel good while it's wet in the shower, then I think you should try to go with a salon quality brand.

I am going to have to agree mostly with this statement. There are few moisturizing conditioners that are cheap that give me REAL moisture.

Some of the few I like are Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask, Sunsilk hydra tlc conditioner.

Check the sales on the salon brand stuff. You will be suprised what you can get on sale at Ulta or Trade secrets.

Oh, I think I misread your post.....with Suave Humectant Conditioner, I use it as a prepoo compliments of Southern Tease and a moisturizer oh, and a Co-wash sometimes.

For me, adding oils like olive or coconut to my conditioners help make them even more moisturizing.

Like other ladies have mentioned, Suave Humectant is cheap and fabulous. It's made to be like Nexxus Humectress. I've never used Nexxus but it if it works as good as this stuff I love it. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Also Cholesterols like Queen Helene or Lustrasilk are sold really cheap at drugstores and beauty supplies. They work best with oils added to them.:yep::yep::yep:

If u want salon brands a little cheaper...try Sally's...they have a generic version of some of the salon products...so u can get the same ingredients at a better price.

I really havent found too many salon conditioners I was all that impressed with except reconstructors...can someone list some suggestions?

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-In Conditioner.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask

Herbal Essence Break No More Conditioner

Herbal Essence None of Your Frizziness Conditioner

Neutrogena Clean Replenishing Moisturizing Conditioner $5 tops and VERY good. It's pretty, too. :grin:

301877.jpg

Queen Helene Cholesterol is dirt cheap and very moisturizing. I think I'm the only one on the forum who uses it though. :sekret:

Oh no you are not the only one that uses Queen Helene Choesterol. I also use LustraSilk Deep conditioners. I think they are very good especially since they are so cheap.

I am going to have to agree mostly with this statement. There are few moisturizing conditioners that are cheap that give me REAL moisture.

Some of the few I like are Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask, Sunsilk hydra tlc conditioner.

Check the sales on the salon brand stuff. You will be suprised what you can get on sale at Ulta or Trade secrets.

I wouls love to go with a salon quality conditioner, but with tuition jumping to $30,000 and me being a double major (which means I can't work, because I have 50 hours of homework a week), I cannot afford anything above dirt cheap. Will my hair growth really suffer because of that?

Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner (Sally's) is dirt cheap and really moisturizing. It smooths my hair and leaves it moisturized for days, I love to use this con when I am past 8 weeks post.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In
NTM Con - This does not work for me when I stretch but when I have little to no ng, it's okay.

Girl I'm a broke college student also I will add you to my buddy list maybe we can share cheap product secrets :grin:

I would say Ors replenishing pack($1.29)

Vo5 conditioners($.99) as a rinse is you have a good condish but it dont have slip

Walgreens also sells little sample sizes of products(like bioinfusions) so if your money is running low go pick up a little sample size to get you through

Back