Quick Henna question

kitkat3ny

I'm about to do my Cassia Henna, I have shoulder length hair and will mix about 3/4 a cup w/ some water.

My question is, can I throw some EVOO in w/ the mix? Also, does my hair have to be freshly washed and dry or wet?

I CW my hair yesterday but it's moisuturized and dried. Do I have to but the Cassia on wet freshly cleaned hair or dry freshly cleaned hair or neither?

Thanks.

kitkat3ny said:
I'm about to do my Cassia Henna, I have shoulder length hair and will mix about 3/4 a cup w/ some water.

My question is, can I throw some EVOO in w/ the mix? Also, does my hair have to be freshly washed and dry or wet?

I CW my hair yesterday but it's moisuturized and dried. Do I have to but the Cassia on wet freshly cleaned hair or dry freshly cleaned hair or neither?

Thanks.

As we speak, I'm sitting w/conditioner in my hair after doing Cassia henna! I followed the directions and just add water and let it sit for 15 min then applied and let it sit in my hair for 30 min. You can apply to wet or dry hair - some ladies have done it both way and didn't notice anything different.

I guess EVOO wouldn't hurt it. Take a look at sareca's fotki, she has some quest & answers that may help you....

kitkat3ny said:

Thanks.

i don't see why u couldnt add whatever u wanted to it, i know a lot of ladies do. put it on dry hair. i used it when i got home from work without washing first and it worked great. then i poo'd and conditioned afterward. i used the cassia as well.

I think you can add the EVOO to the Cassia if you choose to. I didn't find it particularly drying to the hair but I'm sure a small amount wouldn't hurt the conditioning properties at all.

I've found in doing conditioning treatments, it seems they work better on dry hair (hair that is not already saturated with water thus better absorption). But again, it's all personal preference.

Best of luck!

VWV

Another quick question. After I measure out 3/4c of Cassia Henna. Can I just fold the rest back up in the plastic bag it came in?

kitkat3ny said:
Another quick question. After I measure out 3/4c of Cassia Henna. Can I just fold the rest back up in the plastic bag it came in?

Sure can! You can also mix the entire batch, use what you need, the extra, pop in a zip lock or vaccuum seal bag and slip in the freezer for next time.

If you keep it dry, try to keep it in an air tight package to maintain the freshness.

Back