Quick Curls w/out Heat! PICS!

songbyrd517

Here's another way to help us with the protective style blues. Okay, remember how we used to "curl" each other's hair with pencils when we were little (or was I the only one :look: )? Well, I have come up with a big girl adaptation of that. I have a method of curling the front of my hair with a marker to add some spice to my protective styles. Best of all, there is no heat involved, and the curls come out soft and shiny with bounce and movement. They last all day :)!

There are picture instructions in my album under Quick Curls No Heat - the link and password are in my signature. Let me know what you think! I hope this helps someone ;)

This is the first time I had ever heard of such a thing and the last thing I would have thought could happen. So I had to see your album and I must say I'm so amazed at how "real" your curls came out holding your hair around a marker? For 1 minute? With no added heat?? That's real cute and creative! Do you think it was mainly the products that gave you the results?

cool! Ive found this also works if u make a few two strand twists in the front(bangs) and then wrap them around themselves into bantu knots. if u do it while getting ready to go out(putting on makeup, etc), the curls come out cute in just a few minutes.

I do this same method when I wear my phoney pony that looks like a strawset! I use small sections of hair that is just in front of my ears. I wet the hair add a little elasta QP glaze and I use a regular pencil! My little curls on the side look just like a strawset in less than a minute and it last ALL day long.

I'm glad you guys find this useful! I'm happy to help where I can.
Sigh. The stuff I come up with when I'm bored :laugh: . You guys should try it, it's really cute and simple :) !

Sweetyb said:
This is the first time I had ever heard of such a thing and the last thing I would have thought could happen. So I had to see your album and I must say I'm so amazed at how "real" your curls came out holding your hair around a marker? For 1 minute? With no added heat?? That's real cute and creative! Do you think it was mainly the products that gave you the results?
Yup! 1 minute, no heat :) . It may have something to do with the products, but I think it's mainly that fact that the hair is damp and being "set" into that shape while damp. And since it's not "wet" it dries very quickly while you're holding it, and voila :clap:! The product lends extra hold, moisture, and shine.You should try it girl! Use a pencil for smaller curls or a bigger marker, etc. for larger ones.

getmoore said:
I do this same method when I wear my phoney pony that looks like a strawset! I use small sections of hair that is just in front of my ears. I wet the hair add a little elasta QP glaze and I use a regular pencil! My little curls on the side look just like a strawset in less than a minute and it last ALL day long.
Great Getmoore! I'm not alone! Isn't it a convenient method :)

Leslie_C said:
cool! Ive found this also works if u make a few two strand twists in the front(bangs) and then wrap them around themselves into bantu knots. if u do it while getting ready to go out(putting on makeup, etc), the curls come out cute in just a few minutes.
Wow Leslie_C! I've never tried that one. It sounds really cute :)! Taking notes :bookworm: ...

Very cute - thanks for sharing this tip! :) I too love tendrils when wearing buns or french twists. I'll have to try your method.

Thanks Songbyrd! That is really cute. I am a tendril fanatic! I think I'll try them with Let's Jam Shining Jel and see what happens.

~op~

Back