Questions you always wanted to ask

LoveisYou

I will call this the question thread, I have a lot of questions....this thread are for those if us who have questions, hopefully we will be able to provide answers here too :)

What exactly is a stronghold? I hear people talk about strongholds all the time, but I don't really understand it, what are the Biblical basis for this concept?

Great thread!

My understanding of a stronghold is that it is an unhealthy attachment to something or someone used as a tool by the enemy to keep you bound or enslaved. It is meant to hinder or retard your spiritual growth in Christ. As far as biblical basis for it, I hope someone else can chime in....but I hope that make sense.

My question is...

Is it possible to change God's mind? I guess I'm a little confused when it comes to knowing that God is sovereign. If He is sovereign, then how is prayer and fasting come into the equation...does our ability to fast and pray as believers somehow supercede God's will and/or timing?

What exactly is a stronghold? I hear people talk about strongholds all the time, but I don't really understand it, what are the Biblical basis for this concept?

Stronghold : a place of security or survival, or refuge; a fortified place or a fortress.

God is The Stronghold.

When we don’t trust Him or wait upon Him, or when we put someone else or something else before Him, this substitute can become our stronghold instead of Him.

Ezekiel 24:21
Say to the people of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am about to desecrate my sanctuary—the stronghold in which you take pride, the delight of your eyes, the object of your affection. The sons and daughters you left behind will fall by the sword.

Ezekiel 24:25
“And you, son of man, on the day I take away their stronghold, their joy and glory, the delight of their eyes, their heart’s desire, and their sons and daughters as well—

Psalm 52:7
“Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!”

[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 51:53[FONT=&quot]
Even if Babylon ascends to the heavens and fortifies her lofty stronghold, I will send destroyers against her,” declares the LORD.

[/FONT]Lamentations 2:5
The Lord is like an enemy; he has swallowed up Israel. He has swallowed up all her palaces and destroyed her strongholds. He has multiplied mourning and lamentation for Daughter Judah.

Joel 3:16
[/FONT]
The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Micah 5:11

I will destroy the cities of your land and tear down all your strongholds.

Zechariah 9:3

Tyre has built herself a stronghold; she has heaped up silver like dust, and gold like the dirt of the streets.

2 Corinthians 10:4

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Great thread!
My question is...

Is it possible to change God's mind? I guess I'm a little confused when it comes to knowing that God is sovereign. If He is sovereign, then how is prayer and fasting come into the equation...does our ability to fast and pray as believers somehow supercede God's will and/or timing?

We have been created in His own image, after His likeness.
The better way to have a certain understanding of Him is to look at Him as a parent, a Father.

We can’t change His Supreme Will to destroy sin , to save and to be with us; the events and times for this accomplishment.

But, with prayer and fast and requests (ask), we can change paths and times.
[FONT=&quot]YES! He is so good![/FONT]

My question :
Why are people always trying to give a sex to God (I am not talking about the Messiah) when He, God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them (Gen 1:27) ?

In the same vein :
Why are people always trying to put a race/color on God (I am not talking about the Messiah) when [FONT=&quot]from one blood He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth (Acts 17:26) ?

Black... and White, Men and Women do this. I don't understand why.

[/FONT]

Questions I know I will never get an answer to until I get to ask God, Himself:

1) Where did God come from?

2) If there is God, the Father and God, the Son, is there a mother? Can The Father have a Son without a Mother? Is the Holy Spirit, just God, the mother, without a name?

3) In Genesis 2:18-22 Why, intially, did God only make a male human being, but male and female everything else? Why did God only realize after Adam could not find a suitable partner amongst the animals that He should make Eve? Do you realize that that means the thought of woman only came after Adam did not see a partner in any of the animals?

2) If there is God, the Father and God, the Son, is there a mother? Can The Father have a Son without a Mother? Is the Holy Spirit, just God, the mother, without a name?

3) In Genesis 2:18-22 Why, intially, did God only make a male human being, but male and female everything else? Why did God only realize after Adam could not find a suitable partner amongst the animals that He should make Eve? Do you realize that that means the thought of woman only came after Adam did not see a partner in any of the animals?

Not sure why God made Adam alone at first, but I don't think she was just an afterthought. Adam only had one half of what it took to make the world go on, if you know what I mean. She had to come on the scene eventually.
I also think if you are going to lead someone, you have to go there first. If Adam was meant to be leading Eve it might have made more sense that way. This is all IMO by the way.

As you said, don’t waste your time with this : we can’t have the exact answer in flesh. Impossible!
Just accept that He is the Self Existent One.

He is EXISTENCE and all (not-yet-exist/existent * inanimate/animated * material/spiritual…) come from Him.

3) In Genesis 2:18-22 Why, intially, did God only make a male human being, but male and female everything else?
I don’t understand this belief ^ (your question).
God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:27)

Why did God only realize after Adam could not find a suitable partner amongst the animals that He should make Eve?
God is Sovereign, He knows and knew all. But He is a Father. He was teaching his son.

Do you realize that that means the thought of woman only came after Adam did not see a partner in any of the animals?

Just her body! From 1 creature, God separated the human created male and female in 2 creatures one male, the man; one female, the woman : Wonderful!

Last edited:

Totally twisted up !!! Not you, no, no, no.
[FONT=&quot]The doctrine behind this belief. I wont go there.
But, please, keep
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]searching, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]praying and asking for revelation, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit of God.[/FONT]

Why allow sin and all its consequences? Couldn't there have been a better way?

Job 11 Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him? Everything under heaven is Mine.

Rom. 19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”

Lam. 38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That woe and well-being proceed? 39 Why should a living man complain, A man for the punishment of his sins? 40 Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the LORD; 41 Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven.

[FONT=&quot]Rom. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “ For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?
35 “ Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever.
[/FONT]

There could not have been a better way, Because Satan says that No one wants to obey God, No one, first he felt that he should not have to follow any laws he are any of the angels because they are surpreme beings. Second, he would be a better suited to be God then God himself.

So of course God could have destroyed Satan then and there but that leaves a question there for the angels. Was Satan correct. We must obey God or we Die? Are his Laws fair?

God gives all a choice, all of his creatures have a choice of what they want to follow, he doesn't want robots, he wants us to follow him because we want to.

So begins the Challenge who will follow Satan and who will follow God and his laws.
The most important thing to learn is Sin cannot exist with God. Once and for all he will completely destroy sin Forever, it will never ever reign again.

"Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness." Ezekiel 28:17. "For thou hast said in thine heart, ... I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: ... I will be like the most High." Isaiah 14:13, 14.

Pride, jealousy, discontent, and self-exaltation arose in his life. Lucifer decided to attempt to unseat God and then demand that all worship him. It was treason of the worst kind.

Worship is the key factor in the ongoing warfare between God and Satan. People were created to be happy and fulfilled only when they worship God solely. Not even unfallen angels of heaven are to be worshiped (Revelation 22:8, 9). Satan sought worship in the beginning. Centuries later, when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, worship was still the central issue (Matthew 4:8-11). In these last days, God is calling upon all people to worship Him (Revelation 14:6,7). This so infuriates Satan that he will try to force people to worship him or else be killed (Revelation 13:15).

(Joshua 24:15 )
God created Lucifer a perfect, sinless angel. Lucifer made a devil of himself. Freedom to choose is a cornerstone principle of God's government. God knew Lucifer would sin when He created him. If at that point God had refused to create him, He would have been repudiating that prime principle of free choice.
So, knowing full well what Lucifer would do, God still created him. The same facts apply to the creation of Adam and Eve. And, closer to home, these facts apply to you and me. God knows before we are born how we will live, but even so, He permits us to live and choose whether to endorse His government or Satan's. God is willing to be misunderstood and falsely accused and blamed for ages, while taking the time to allow every person to freely choose whom he will follow.

Why didn't God destroy the devil when he sinned, and thus end the sin problem? (1 Corinthians 4:9 )

Because sin was something completely new in God's universe, and its inhabitants did not understand it. Probably even Lucifer himself did not fully comprehend it at first. Lucifer was a brilliant, highly respected angelic leader. His approach was doubtless one of great concern for heaven and the angels. It possibly ran something like this: "Heaven is good, but it would be improved with more angel input. Too much unchallenged authority (as the Father and Son have) tends to blind leaders to real life. Angels should not be required to take orders. We should give orders. God knows my suggestions are correct, and He is feeling threatened. We must not permit our noble leaders who are out of touch to jeopardize the very existence of heaven. They will listen if we move in unison. We must not be weak; we must act. Otherwise, we will all be ruined by a government that doesn't appreciate us."

One-Third of the Angels Joined Lucifer
Lucifer's arguments convinced many angels, and one-third joined him. If God had destroyed Lucifer immediately, some angelic beings who did not fully understand God's character may have begun to worship God through fear, saying, "Lucifer may have been correct. Be careful. If you differ with God, He may kill you." So nothing would have been settled. Instead, the problem would have been heightened.

God Accepts Only Loving, Voluntary Service
The only service acceptable to God is cheerful, voluntary service prompted by love. Obedience for any other reason is unacceptable.

God Is Giving Satan Time to Demonstrate His Principles
Satan claimed he had a better plan for the government of the universe. God is giving him time to demonstrate its principles. The Lord will abolish sin only after every soul in the universe is convinced that Satan's government is unfair, hateful, ruthless, lying, and destructive.

The Universe Is Watching This World
The Bible says, "We are made a spectacle [margin says "theatre"] unto the world, and to angels, and to men." 1 Corinthians 4:9. The entire universe is watching as we each play a part in the controversy between Christ and Satan. As the controversy ends, every soul will fully understand the principles of both kingdoms and will have chosen to follow either Christ or Satan. Those who have chosen to ally with sin and Satan will be destroyed with him, and God's people will be taken to the eternal safety of their heavenly home.

in this I can only give my personal opinion. Like you. I have questions that only the Father can answers and those questions are fine. Try not to think about them to often, these type of questions only give me a headache. I imagine that this earth is very unique in that we have physical relationships with one another. I imagine that other worlds do not. We also have sin on this earth so things are drastically different in our world. I believe that our loving father loves us with an unimaginable love and that he does not distinguish us one from another in terms of lesser, we are lesser then our husbands and we are the weaker sex, We are and truthfully, I am glad. I can't bear to deal with the stuff my husband has to endure, not at all he can have that and everything that comes with it. or fix and struggle with my house, do we woman do these things yes and some love it and some like me don't want to be bothered with it. I prefer that my husband be the head of the house. But we woman are very strong as well, in our child bearing in our love and compassion and kindness and warmth and gentleness and forgiveness, and our comforting. we are most loving creatures and we are blessed by God in a special way. This is what I treasure from God that my arms are always open to embrace anyone that needs a loving hug and my children are comforted by my presence. God is all knowing and all seeing and he knew that man would need that comfort that shoulder to lean on and real woman provide this solace for them. We are also firm as a rock when needed. This my own personal opinion. Shimmie is most wonderful at expressing us woman and I am sure she will chime in at some point with most wonderful blessing words that express more closely of our stand in Gods eyes as women.

Last edited:
Questions I have..as I have made the decision t turn my life over to Christ fully and completely. I have many questions and pardon my ignorance as I am not an experienced Christian like the rest of you.

1. Why did God choose Israel as his chosen people? Or so it seems to me. Are they favored above others?

2. I'm confused about receiving forgiveness. Jesus died for our sins but does that mean people don't have to as for forgiveness? Or it it that you must realize you've sinned and beg for forgiveness? How simple or complex is it?

3. This may be the dumbest one of all but aren't Jesus and God 2 entirely different people? I see them being referred to interchangeably. But isn't God the Father and Jesus the Son?

4. If God is forgiving why does both Heaven and Hell exist? Does that mean that there is a such thing as its too late to be forgiven?

5. When the Bible refers to "eternal life" what does that mean? Are we in heaven still living or does that have some deeper meaning that escapes me?

2. I'm confused about receiving forgiveness. Jesus died for our sins but does that mean people don't have to as for forgiveness? Or it it that you must realize you've sinned and beg for forgiveness? How simple or complex is it?

Is pretty simple, we all sin and are worthy of death, the wages of sin is death, but Jesus paid the price for us. We ask Jesus to use his blood that he has shed for us to cover our sins. There is a record in heaven of our sins, but when we ask for forgiveness Jesus blood removes it, Thank you Jesus for that, its not completely gone, why because we have a tendency for repeating the same sins. So we keep asking for forgiveness for sins we know we committed and for sins we committed unknowingly and we pray for others sins as well. at the point where that sin is no longer a struggle for us I believe its remove, God said he would remember our past sins no more so at some point in our journey it will be removed. We also pray that we do not committee these same sins over and over again, there is a point where we can no longer be forgiven for those sins because our hearts will harden and we will no longer think to ask for forgiveness so its important to make every effort not to continue committing the same sins, knowing full way the priced that was paid for us.
Also you can ask others to pray for you to help overcome some difficult sins, there are some things we tell each other and there are some things that are only for God and God alone. Some sins are a burden to others.
for instance, I use to go to a church that requires you to have disciple partner and that person you are to dump all your sins on, can you imagine what a burden that was for that person. Only God should carry that not us humans, what are we do with all that information on a person its to much. but some things we can share and ask others to pray for us to keep us stronger in that area.

Eternity,

Those who are alive and remain and those who died in Christ will spend 1,000.00 years with God in heaven in that great and wonderful city.
Rev 20: 4
; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (This is partial portion of the scriptures.)
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (This also indicated that the dead, is truly dead or asleep and not in heaven and not in hell.)
"I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them ... and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Revelation 20:4. "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? ... Know ye not that we shall judge angels?" 1 Corinthians 6:2, 3. ( These angels are fallen angels.)
It says the saints, those that are alive and remain and those who have died in Christ will go to heaven and judge the world. That is what the saints will be doing in heaven for 1,000.00 years.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. ... And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men." Revelation 21:2, 3. "Behold, the day of the Lord cometh." "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof. ... And the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee." "All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem." Zechariah 14:1, 4, 5, 10.
So the Great City will come out of heaven and sit on the earth causing it to become flat. All of the saints will be in the great city. Then Judgments will begin on the earth those who have died lost will awaken for judgment.
The rest of the dead [those who were wicked] lived not again until the thousand years were finished." Revelation 20:5. "All that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." John 5:28, 29.
Eternity is for those who love God and has served him faithfully, they will see heaven, they will see the new earth after it is replenish and made anew. The holy city will be here on this earth and God will live with his people. Eternity is not for all of God creatures on this earth. Eternity is a gift from God to us for our faithfulness and also we have shown that his laws are just and that we willingly desire to serve God with our whole heart and that is the promise he has given us for obeying him. Sin will be forever destroyed it will not live again. Death will be destroyed it will no longer live again. Fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into ... the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 20:9, 10; 21:8. "The wicked ... shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 4:3.

Questions I have..as I have made the decision t turn my life over to Christ fully and completely. I have many questions and pardon my ignorance as I am not an experienced Christian like the rest of you.

1. Why did God choose Israel as his chosen people? Or so it seems to me. Are they favored above others?

3. This may be the dumbest one of all but aren't Jesus and God 2 entirely different people? I see them being referred to interchangeably. But isn't God the Father and Jesus the Son?

4. If God is forgiving why does both Heaven and Hell exist? Does that mean that there is a such thing as its too late to be forgiven?

5. When the Bible refers to "eternal life" what does that mean? Are we in heaven still living or does that have some deeper meaning that escapes me?

Deut. 9 : 6 Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the LORD your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people.

Ps. 106 : 4 Remember me, LORD, when you show favor to your people, come to my aid when you save them, that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may share in the joy of your nation and join your inheritance in giving praise. 6 We have sinned, even as our ancestors did; we have done wrong and acted wickedly. 7 When our ancestors were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea. 8 Yet he saved them for his name’s sake, to make his mighty power known.

Come to Him
Mat. 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Acts 2 : 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
1Jn 2 : 12 I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.

Learn from Him
Rom. 6 : 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Grow with/to Him
1Jn.1 : 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Remain in Him
Jn. 15 : 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Deut. 6 : 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD(YHWH) our God, the LORD(YHWH) is one.

Os. 3 : 4 “But I have been the LORD your God ever since you came out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me.

Is. 9 : 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Mat. 1: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

Jn. 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jn. 10 : 30 I and the Father are one.”

Jn. 14 : 9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Col. 1 : 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Col. 2 : 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form

[FONT=&quot]Heb. 1 :2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
[/FONT]

I am not sure that I understand your point.
Heaven exists. The throne of God is in Heaven.

Hell is commonly used by some instead of grave (sheol).
For me, the meaning of hell is separation from God.
I prefer to say hell fire when talking about the final destination for the wicked (second death – Rev 20:14).

Concerning forgiveness, I believe you can ask for it until the last breath. But, why wait ?

Abba Father, the Everlasting One, is Love and Life.
We can have the eternal life through His Holy Spirit, the Set Apart Spirit : there is no other way.
If someone is filled with the Holy Spirit, this person is in heaven while still living, because the Holy Spirit is Heaven and in Heaven, while ministering the children of God.

Gal. 5 : 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Rom. 8 : 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Job 11 Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him? Everything under heaven is Mine.

Rom. 19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”

Lam. 38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That woe and well-being proceed? 39 Why should a living man complain, A man for the punishment of his sins? 40 Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the LORD; 41 Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven.

[FONT=&quot]Rom. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “ For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?
35 “ Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever.
[/FONT]

Thank you for your response. Yes, I know these things. It was more an emotional question, not actual. I do not believe that I cannot ask my G-d why. I was in no way demanding He respond to me as in a complaint and ungratefulness, but as a daughter, simply wondering. And the answers are in Judaism, right through Christ's sacrifice. It simply is the way He chose. I still will ask Him why when I meet Him and I won't be afraid because this is how He made us, to ask. So, in essence, asking why these ways have been made are different from belittling and mocking them. That's not what I was doing. Thanks anyway. :look:

Last edited:
There could not have been a better way, Because Satan says that No one wants to obey God, No one, first he felt that he should not have to follow any laws he are any of the angels because they are surpreme beings. Second, he would be a better suited to be God then God himself.

God gives all a choice, all of his creatures have a choice of what they want to follow, he doesn't want robots, he wants us to follow him because we want to.

(Joshua 24:15 )
God created Lucifer a perfect, sinless angel. Lucifer made a devil of himself. Freedom to choose is a cornerstone principle of God's government.

Because sin was something completely new in God's universe, and its inhabitants did not understand it.

Or it could be that it was His will to demonstrate His mercy. I'm sure there were infinite ways, this is just the one He chose. And freedom is definitely given. However, before one knew sin, even Lucifer, G-d could have put on the reins. But He chose not to, perhaps for the reason I stated above. I don't think sin was completely new but rather than no one had sinned yet. I believe that G-d is the author of both good and evil, how else could any of it exist? Note, I didn't state that He forces evil nor that He encourages it nor commits it, but that He authored it as a contrast, perhaps?

Thank you for your response. Yes, I know these things. It was more an emotional question, not actual. I do not believe that I cannot ask my G-d why. I was in no way demanding He respond to me as in a complaint and ungratefulness, but as a daughter, simply wondering. And the answers are in Judaism, right through Christ's sacrifice. It simply is the way He chose. I still will ask Him why when I meet Him and I won't be afraid because this is how He made us, to ask. So, in essence, asking why these ways have been made are different from belittling and mocking them. That's not what I was doing. Thanks anyway. :look:
:lol::lol::lol:

I've asked Him these same questions as a daughter, and what I posted is what I have had as answer. I am satisfied. I won't ask again when I meet Him, and you neither (I think) - (there will be so much to do..., and we will understand all, because we will be like Him).

BTW, my posts are not necessarily for you (even if I quote you).
I write when and where (threads) I have the inspiration to do so.

Great thread!

kiesha8185

God wants us to ask and believe that he will answer our prayers. It is up to HIM weather the answer will be yes/no/wait. He is not a slave to our requests. They do not supercede his soverignty. Two examples come to mind.

King Hezakiah was going to die. God had sent Isaiah to tell him. Hezekiah prayed and lamented that God spare his life and God did. He sent Isaiah back to Hezekiah to tell him he had been given 15 more years (Isaiah 38)

The other example is that God was going to punish Isreal for her misdeeds. But before he did he said that he was looking for someone to stand in the gap for them. Someone to pray to him on Isreals behalf so that he wouldnt punish them...meaning He was willing and looking to "change his mind" at someones request (Ezekial 22:30)

He was no less God for having reversed His decision. Remebemr, God in all his omniscience already knows what will happen (so its not like He's caught off gaurd by a prayer and doesnt know what to do lol). He already knows what requests will be made of Him and what His answers will be.

My question :
Why are people always trying to give a sex to God (I am not talking about the Messiah) when He, God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them (Gen 1:27) ?

In the same vein :
Why are people always trying to put a race/color on God (I am not talking about the Messiah) when [FONT=&quot]from one blood He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth (Acts 17:26) ?

[FONT=&quot]Black... and White, Men and Women do this. I don't understand why.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Crown

We are victims of our own limited thinking. It is unnatural for us to address a living being without putting a gender to it (in latin languages all nouns have a gender-la or el) and its seems a little disrepectful to call God "it".

But then we get into people wanting God to identify with them (woman/man/black/white) to uplift themselves instead of identifying with God to uplift Him.

softblackcotton

1. God never came from anywhere. He always was. I know that sounds like it didnt explain anything but we have to step outside of our human limitations. God dwells outside of time (He is not limited to time nor space). Time is something God created. Thats why in Genesis it says in the begining God created (not God was created). He also emphasizes in Revelation that he IS the beginging and ending.

Everything that is created comes from a creator greater than itself. There is nothing greater than God. He was not created or came from somewhere, He always was.

2. God the father and God the son are relational descriptions. It does not literally mean that God birthed a child. The terms father and son and used to describe the intimacy of the relationship between God and Jesus. All three are equal in all divine attributes and defer to one another in their individual roles.

3. God knows all. There is never a time where he does not "realize" something. So we must, once again, step outside of our human faculty and look from Gods point of view. When we make a decision and then change it later it is usually because we have gathered new information (formerly unknown to us) and can now make a better choice. In Gods case, since he knows all we cant say that He made an uninformed choice by creatig man first, then woman later. He knew what he was doing. The better question is why did he choose to do it that way.

The answer to that is...i dunno. lol. maybe he wanted some earthly decisions to be made by Adam (naming the animals etc.) before Eve came along. Maybe he wanted Adam to experiance human lonliness so that he would value Eve more. I dont know.

Guitarhero

The choice to love is stronger then a forced love. God loves us not because he HAS to but because he has made the intentional choice to love us, not based on our faults/righteousness but for the sake of himself (God is love).

So he gave us a choice of weather to love Him back or not. You can't have a choice without at least two options. So we could choose to do what is right or what is wrong...sin or salvation...love him or hate/ignore him...free will. But along with that free will comes consequences (good and bad). Not consequences because he wants us to go to hell, but consequences so that we will learn from our and others mistakes.

He wants us to choose to love Him. To choose to flee from sin.

And since I believe in the omniscience of God...there couldnt have been a better way...

@pinkchocolatedaisy
answers in pink

back in the day as people began to populate the earth and spread out they created idols. These idols were unique to their specific city. So a god was known by its people/land (the god of wisconsin, the god of california etc.). So when God re-introduced himself to the scene he chose to use that same method. He chose a group of people and a land that He would give them to show other nations that He was the only true and living God. I believe He chose Isreal because as we can see clearly today they are one of the most cohesive groups on the planet. Having both a religion and a culture that is unique to them and rediculously well-preserved. For example, the "boring" lineage verses are crucial in tracing Jesus Christ back to Abraham on both his mother and earlthy fathers side. During a time where reading, writing and even paper where rare, the Isrealites kept very specific documents (they counted the letters in the old testament and torah to ensure that every copy created was accurate)

Jesus died for our sins=Jesus died to save us from the ultimate penalty of our sins...which was death (eternal seperation from God...in hell). So when you accept salvation, youre accepting the ultimate prize, but you still have to live out the race. We must ask for forgiveness for the things we do, not because God will take back his salvation but so that we are in right standing/relationship with God. He says if we CONFESS our sins he is FAITHFUL and JUST (meaning consistantly fair) to orgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrughteousness.

I answered a little of this upthread. The three, Father, son, and HOly Ghost, and distinct persons but also one. Many Christians do refer to God in general rather than saying the Godhead (i.e. all three).

God is forgiving. He has offered the gift of forgiveness is the form of salvation. Its up to us to accept it. God will not force us to choose HIM (that would defeat the purpose of free will). But if we dont choose Him we are choosing somehting else. And since God is love, righteousness and evrything good, then anything that is not God is hate, wrong, and everything bad...thats hell. It too late once you die...its too late once Jesus returns. Up until then forgivenss/salvatin is ours for the asking.

Living forever. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and we will live in new ressurected bodies that will no longer be subject to sin (i.e. death, sickness, bad thoughts etc.) Everyone will live eternally. The question is will it be eternal life (with God) or eternal death (in hell)

ETA: now the answers are in pink lol

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

I've asked Him these same questions as a daughter, and what I posted is what I have had as answer. I am satisfied. I won't ask again when I meet Him, and you neither (I think) - (there will be so much to do..., and we will understand all, because we will be like Him).

BTW, my posts are not necessarily for you (even if I quote you).
I write when and where (threads) I have the inspiration to do so.

I can appreciate that but that is not at all for you to determine. We are two different individuals. He already knows what my questions are going to be...we're in communication all the time. As far as inspiration, kewl, but the tone of what you wrote and quoted was midguided "how dare you ask, who do you think you are." Those would have applied to me if I were MOCKING G-d, which I wasn't. I'm only being honest.

Last edited:
My word can NOT be separated from me in two different persons !!!

In the Scriptures, Wisdom is personified :
Prov. 9 : 1 Wisdom has built her house; she has set up its seven pillars.
Prov. 1 : 20 Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square; 21 on top of the wall she cries out, at the city gate she makes her speech: 22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? 23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

But, we know what does that mean. This is not another person who is called Wisdom!

I wonder why so many Christians separate the Everlasting/Eternal Spirit from His Word and from His Holy Spirit in 3 different persons ???

I know this doctrine came from the First Council of Nicaea (325), not from the Apostles. Please, don’t try to explain it to me :

[FONT=&quot]Because HE is Spirit and He is One and the Messiah is the only person who reveals Him.[/FONT]

Back