Questions For Straight Hair Naturals

CaraWalker

i am trying to make it through that thread. it is sooooo dense :cry3: sorry :cry3: so can we cut to the chase and get some information going?

1. how often do you straighten?
2. what do you do to maintain between straightening?
3. what flat iron or other tools (hot comb, marcel) do you use?
4. what products do you use during the straightening?
5. what is a must have that your straightening routine would not work without?

if possible please post a pic!

i am trying to make it through that thread. it is sooooo dense :cry3: sorry :cry3: so can we cut to the chase and get some information going?

1. how often do you straighten?
2. what do you do to maintain between straightening?
3. what flat iron or other tools (hot comb, marcel) do you use?
4. what products do you use during the straightening?
5. what is a must have that your straightening routine would not work without?

1. every 7 - 14 days, mostly once a week but there are times that I will wait two weeks in between

2. large pin curls, I don't moisturize daily. sometimes I apply some grapeseed oil to my ends only

3. rusk speed freak blow dryer, sedu original flat iron or sedu revolution flat iron

4. I use a serum on wet almost damp hair before blow drying, I rotate between one n only argan oil, kenra shine serum or morrocan oil

I also use fantasia ic heat protectant spray before flat ironing (I spray a very small amount)

5. I only flat iron clean hair. I also use deep conditioners that hydrate and smooth my hair. light tension while blow drying and flat ironing produces sleek results

1. I blow dry straight every week. I try to use the flat iron every 2 weeks if I'm being consistent. I've been sticking to blow drying recently to keep texture.

2. I bun or use rollers

3. My blow dryer is nothing special. Something from Revlon but I can get my hair pretty straight with it. My flatiron is a CHI Air Classic Tourmaline 1"

4. I always deep condition right before and only use it's a 10 keratin leave in. Been thinking about switching to Aphogee Green Tea Keratin spray. I've used this before and liked it but never used it for straightening consistently.

5. Deep conditioning absolutely. The softer my hair is the smoother it looks. That's about it.

1. Every 7-14 days - depends on my workouts and my events (parties, weddings)
2. Wrap or flexi rods at night
3. Usually go to salon but I have a solano blow dryer - sedu diamond flat iron- FHI 1 inch mini flat iron
4. Phyto serum usually
5. Cannot skip deep conditioner ever ...

1. how often do you straighten? Trying to only straighten every 4 - 6 weeks to see if I retain more length; prior to this new philosophy I straightened every 7 - 14 days
2. what do you do to maintain between straightening? I wrap or do a loose bun on top and tie with a satin scarf; moisturize ends as needed every few days; lightly moisturize scalp every few days only if needed
3. what flat iron or other tools (hot comb, marcel) do you use? CHI tourmaline flat iron; Gold-n-Hot hair dryer
4. what products do you use during the straightening? Hair serum and heat protectant (only spray heat protectant on the sections as I straighten
5. what is a must have that your straightening routine would not work without? Deep conditioning is a must as others have mentioned; only flat iron on clean hair

Back