Questions about Joico K-Pak

SandySea

Hello ladies. I finally bought the Joico K-pak reconstructor after buying the shampoo and conditioner with great results. Before I use the reconstructor, I wanted to ask what most of you use following the treatment. I remember a comment that a lot of moisturizing is needed afterward. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

SandySea said:
Hello ladies. I finally bought the Joico K-pak reconstructor after buying the shampoo and conditioner with great results. Before I use the reconstructor, I wanted to ask what most of you use following the treatment. I remember a comment that a lot of moisturizing is needed afterward. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

A really good moisturizing conditioner, like Nexxus Humectress or Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin would be a great idea. An even greater idea would be to deep condition.

By the way, JOICO K-Pak is a GREAT reconstructor. In several places, it's voted the #1 reconstructor of choice.

Thanks for the reply. I got nervous about using it after hearing about moisturizing issues. Now I'm ready to go!!

This may not count (because she had stylists with her daily), but the late Aaliyah's stylist said in an interview that he always used the K-Pak on her hair.

I agree, a really good moisturizing conditioner should follow and then a moisturizer. K-PAK Intense Hydrator, Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Lotion or ORS Olive Oil are great follow up moisturizers to restore moisture.

That explains it...I was ready to toss mine out bc I thought it wasn't working anymore..ok I get it now

You may want to try doing the reconstructor as a pre poo, as well (;) macharieamour). Just put it on your dry hair and use a warm wet towel or terry bonnet for a few min. That has been working well for several of us here. That way you can just rinse, shampoo and do your moisturizing condition.

Anyway, you only leave it in for a few min. You don't even have to get out of the shower while it sits on your hair, then put on your moisturizing conditioner.

I recently brought this and I like it. When I purchased it I also got the Moisture Recovery shampoo and conditioner. That's what I use afterwards. It worked really well.

DulceKisses said:
I agree, a really good moisturizing conditioner should follow and then a moisturizer. K-PAK Intense Hydrator, Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Lotion or ORS Olive Oil are great follow up moisturizers to restore moisture.

I second the Intenses Hydrator.

The reconstructor was voted #1? Wow, that's interesting. Mine is sitting at the bottom of my hair drawer collecting dust. I pretty much hated it. Maybe it's one of those things where you have to use the other elements in the line along with it to really see it do its magic.:lol: I did like the smell though. :yep:

Does anyone use the full line?

Sistaslick said:
The reconstructor was voted #1? Wow, that's interesting. Mine is sitting at the bottom of my hair drawer collecting dust. I pretty much hated it. Maybe it's one of those things where you have to use the other elements in the line along with it to really see it do its magic.:lol: I did like the smell though. :yep:

Does anyone use the full line?

not anymore but only because I could afford to replenish it. Considereing how much I spend on random products maybe I could go back though

I :love: this reconstructor!!!! I like to mix it with a moisturizing conditioner & some oil and deep condition that way. My hair comes out soft AND strong, plus I don't have to fuss with rinsing it and applying the moisturizing conditioner.

Back