Question

Rae81

I have a question not for me but my mom. Her hair is really thin and she is pratically bald on the sides in the front. She used to wear wigs all the time but she got tired of that and wants to wear her own hair. Can you recommend som products that may help with her sides to get some hair growth.

thanks

she doesnt have alopecia she was checked for that i think it a combination of stress and wearing this net looking thing on her hair under her wigs which pulled real tight on the sides of her hair. I told her not to wear that thing but she didnt listen :wallbash:, So i been looking through the boards to see if there are any good products to use but its alot of information :sad:. so any information would be very helpful.

There are alot of products that people use on the board. Some that I know of are

- Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO)
-Sulfur products such as Boundless Tresses, Bee Mine
- Essential oil mixes
- MN which is found in Monistat if your a little more radical

Hope those help!

Scalp massages. They stimulate circulation to the hair follicles. Very good for hair growth.
My grandmothers hair was thinning in the middle. So i bought her a scunci scalp massager ($1.50), I was going to buy her some BT but instead i but some doo gro mega thick oil and mixed it with some yellow sulfur.

She would put the oil on the thinning/bald spots and would watch wheel of fortune while she massaged her scalp :lachen:Its been a couple of months and she has many fro patches in the spots where she was losing her. She cant wait until it grows a little more so she can throw some juice on it.

What worked wonders for me:

#1 CD's Lisa's Hair Elixer (has some great potent EO's)
#2 CD's Healthy Hair Butter (also has some great EO's...not as potent as the Elixer)
#3 Castor Oil

I STRONGLY recommend GENTLE scalp massages with Lisa's Hair Elixer.

This is what I have been doing for my mother who also wore wigs for the last 40 yrs with no break which resulted in thin hair and no edges.

I wash and DC every Sunday under the dryer (she hates it) and then use WGHO on her scalp, Nioxin scalp treatment and hair folicle simulator then castor oil on her hair and then braids. She even let me put in henna in an attempt to cover her 90% grays. Didn't take but it covered some. But in the 2 months that I have taken care of hair the edges have filled in. More to go but its a start. Her hair will never be thick as mine because its curly baby fine hair. It has definitely filled in.

i definitely recommend cold pressed castor oil...also alot of women who lost their edges due to shedding after pregnancy use castor oil and with continued use their edges came back in nicely. also do styles with the least amount of tension possible, and sleep in a satin cap or scarf or use a satin pillowcase to reduce breakage

Some ladies have sworn by Megatek. One member "Rhapsdyblu" is an older lady that used this product and had great progress. Do a search for the Megatek/OCT threads from 2009.

Back