Question: Hair shapes, U, straight across, etc

tiffjust2002

Hey ya'll :)

Okay so last night I washed my hair and finally really noticed that it was growing in a U shape, which I didn't like, I want my hair to be even across the board. So long story short I cut that longer section to match

Question: Do ya'll let your hair grow in whatever shape it wants to take on like a U shape or do you cut it a certain way?

I don't like the U shape because when I where my hair in a curly wash n go ponytail and the sides are shorter and then that longest part in the middle hangs is wack to me :nono: so I would rather it be shorter all over so my ponytail can look even, as well as any other style I am wearing, twist out, braid out or wash n go (hair all down)

tiffjust2002 said:
Hey ya'll :)

Okay so last night I washed my hair and finally really noticed that it was growing in a U shape, which I didn't like, I want my hair to be even across the board. So long story short I cut that longer section to match

Question: Do ya'll let your hair grow in whatever shape it wants to take on like a U shape or do you cut it a certain way?

I don't like the U shape because when I where my hair in a curly wash n go ponytail and the sides are shorter and then that longest part in the middle hangs is wack to me :nono: so I would rather it be shorter all over so my ponytail can look even, as well as any other style I am wearing, twist out, braid out or wash n go (hair all down)

My hair grows in a strong v shape. I've always liked it go because it's easy to feather because of natural layers.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

My hair grows in a U and then I have it trimmed and shaped into a neater U. I love U's and V's. I don't like blunt cuts.

My hair grows in a W shape. Now I think this is partially due to some chemincal damage I had way back in the early 90's and although it grows, it doesn't grow as quickly or as long in the middle on the bottom. Maybe it grew that way all along and I never paid any attention to it until I started trying to get it to grow after high school. Anyway, it grows in a W which my stylist cuts blunt and it always grows back the same way. I would love to have my hair grow in a U shape. Maybe one day it will do as I want it to do.

My hair grows in a V, I like it but sometimes I want to cut it to one length. But then I start sweating when scissors come near my hair...and I quickly reconsider...lol.

My hair grows in a U shape naturally, I want it blunt straight across because I want that V shaped angular fro when my hair is kinky. Right now I'm letting my hair exceed my goal length for a bit and then cut it blunt to waist.

Last edited:
All I care about right now is that my ends are healthy...I'm letting my hair do whatever the heck it likes right now. I don't think I'll do a major cut till I'm around MBL or so....maybe never. :drunk:

My hair grows pretty even, but I prefer a U or V. I don't like the look of blunt cuts, especially on thick hair.

Sent from my HTC Evo

For me, my hair grows the way I have it cut. So if I go for the u shape then it's pretty much going to continue growing in the u shape. I prefer the blunt straight across look though.

My hair grows in a W shape. Now I think this is partially due to some chemincal damage I had

In the same boat. Mines been growing in a W shape but I had the center of my head burned out 2 years ago from a relaxer mishap. When I was a kid and had long hair, it was all even, but things may have changed. If I had to take a guess it grows evenly except for the right side, which for some strange reason grows faster. I think its hereditary because my grandma has the same problem. Must be the white half of me. :lol:

Mine will be growing out in a slant that i will not even out for at least a year. Those assymetreical cuts...SMH

I don't know because every time it starts growing I even out, that's why it stayed at the same length for so many years! Smh but my hair sure as heck don't grow straight across.

My hair grows in a sharp V, so I don't feel that my hair looks the length that it is. :(

I think I prefer the U shape, but I am waiting for longer hair to trim it that way.

My hair grows in a V. I grew it out and cut it blunt a while ago and find that it works well for my twisted and braided styles, I like how it looks. When I wear my hair loose though I don't care for it . I plan to get it cut sometime soon. Probably in more of a U shape.

Ms Lala said:
My hair grows in a V. I grew it out and cut it blunt a while ago and find that it works well for my twisted and braided styles, I like how it looks. When I wear my hair loose though I don't care for it . I plan to get it cut sometime soon. Probably in more of a U shape.

Girl I just realized I been watching you on youtube all week long. I love your videos my hair seems to have almost the exact same texture as yours so its nice to watch your techniques and tips. Thanks you are very appreciated ova here:)

Sorry for hijacking ur thread op:)

My hair grows in a U shape. But I am in love with blunt cuts....well, when I was relaxed. Now, that I am natural, ehhh...I don't really care. You can't tell the shape really since I hardly even wear it straight. :lol:

My hair grows in a strong v shape. I've always liked it go because it's easy to feather because of natural layers.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Same here. My hair grows in a V-shape and I like it.

Girl I just realized I been watching you on youtube all week long. I love your videos my hair seems to have almost the exact same texture as yours so its nice to watch your techniques and tips. Thanks you are very appreciated ova here:)

No worries :) I like reading everyone's thoughts on the shapes but now I'm going to yt to find her vid's :grin:

Thanks so much. I've been MIA w/since I had the lil one but have some new stuff coming soon. It is good to hear feedback because sometime I am tempted to shut it down.

Back