Question for those who have had severely underprocessed hair and you self relax

alexstin

By severely processed I mean it looks like you never retouched:perplexed

When it comes time to retouch, do you not worry about being able to tell the old hair from the new growth? I don't see how you would be able to tell what's new and what's old if it's very underprocessed.

My days of self-relaxing are over. I have severe breakage in the back because of underprocessing. I'm due for a corrective perm tomorrow. She said she's going to run the relaxer thru my hair.:eek: I'm scurred.

I just relaxed last night and I underprocessed the most resistant part of my hair in the crown. It is like a relaxer never touched it. I will only stretch 12 weeks this time around so that I can correct the crown area, I am trying to texlax and I think I did a good job of it last time, but this time I used too much stuff to "protect" my hair and it ended up making my hair resistant to the relaxer.

I based my scalp with tons of petroleum jelly I also put it on my hair. Before that I spayed my entire head with porosity control spray. I think this made my hair too resistant, but I am still happy with the results.

I think I will be able to tell the difference from the relaxed hair and new growth because my newgrowth is always "stronger" looking and will have a tighter curl...I hope:lol:

I am admiting that I underporcessed my hair when I self relaxed. I gave up and went to the stylist and I have been fine since going to her.

I knew that my hair was underprocessed as the end were no-lye bone straight, and the middle was lye, underprocessed and kept being so everytime I relaxed at the roots. Even though its underprocessed, it does not look the same as my new growth, the texture has been softened somewhat, but its not bone straight

alexstin said:
By severely processed I mean it looks like you never retouched:perplexed

When it comes time to retouch, do you not worry about being able to tell the old hair from the new growth? I don't see how you would be able to tell what's new and what's old if it's very underprocessed.

I made sure to protect my hair that had been suffieciently relaxed with conditioner and grease, and then I touched up my new growth and underprocessed parts. :)

I'm due to correct my underprocessing this week. I really don't want to do it because I'm only 3 weeks post but my hair has gotten underprocessed twice in a row so I have to correct this now and get the breakage and tangles under control. The only time I haven't had tangles and breakage is when I use henna but I can't use that every time I was my hair......or can I? lolol Anyway, parameter of my hair hasn't had a "good" relaxer job since July. My crown got overprocessed at one relaxer and then underprocessed at the next. Its been crazy. I have decided to return to my old faithful relaxer Designer's Touch and get my hair under control and go from there. PRAY FOR ME!!! :grin:

Back