Question for those that Steam?

Ediese

I recently purchased some products that have been getting rave reviews for their moisturizing properties (L'Occitaine Repairing Shampoo, Conditioner, Repairing Mask and Qhemet Biolgoics AOHC, BRBC, OHHB, and the Ghee).

I'm hoping that I'll find a staple moisturizer or conditioner out of the bunch that will leave my hair very moisturized. To those that own steamers and use any of these products in conjunction with your steamer, do you notice even more soft, moisturized hair after steaming? I'm talking moisturized to the point where you don't have to use a moisturizer every day for it to feel soft. Just trying to figure out if getting a steamer is a worthy investment.

I recently purchased some products that have been getting rave reviews for their moisturizing properties (L'Occitaine Repairing Shampoo, Conditioner, Repairing Mask and Qhemet Biolgoics AOHC, BRBC, OHHB, and the Ghee).

I'm hoping that I'll find a staple moisturizer or conditioner out of the bunch that will leave my hair very moisturized. To those that own steamers and use any of these products in conjunction with your steamer, do you notice even more soft, moisturized hair after steaming? I'm talking moisturized to the point where you don't have to use a moisturizer every day for it to feel soft. Just trying to figure out if getting a steamer is a worthy investment.

Gosh I haven't used any of these products with my steamer but I plan to get some Qhemets Biologics and give it a try.

Bumping for responses.
But I absolutely love my steamer DC-ing rather than DC-ing with dry heat!

Oh yes ma'am you do - well I do!! :yep:

For me the benefits are thus:-

Steam enhances ordinary conditioner so your exceptional conditioners will work very well!
Softness and manageability of hair
It makes detangling a lot easier
It enables you to retain moisture for longer (in my experience)

If I use a good conditioner like L'Occitane, I could go without moisturising for a few days, if I wanted to; I generally moisturise every day though. This particular brand works very well with a steamer.

I know you've had problems with dryness, but I'm telling you my hair was horribly dry for a long time even months into my HHJ. The steaming soon sorted that out! If you are consistent you will reap the benefits. :yep:

Oh yes ma'am you do - well I do!! :yep:

For me the benefits are thus:-

Steam enhances ordinary conditioner so your exceptional conditioners will work very well!
Softness and manageability of hair
It makes detangling a lot easier
It enables you to retain moisture for longer (in my experience)

If I use a good conditioner like L'Occitane, I could go without moisturising for a few days, if I wanted to; I generally moisturise every day though. This particular brand works very well with a steamer.

I know you've had problems with dryness, but I'm telling you my hair was horribly dry for a long time even months into my HHJ. The steaming soon sorted that out! If you are consistent you will reap the benefits. :yep:

The bolded is what really has me interested in this. Thanks so much. Yep, you know my hair is dry like the Sahara. lol You just got me so excited over here. :) I'm crossing my fingers that I get similar results.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous Ediese. I was planing to get a steamer myself so I am glad you ask this question. Hope u get a lot of replies.

I have one on backorder and I planned on using it with my Yes to Carrots and Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol and the little bit of Humectress I have left.

I also have a sample pack of Hair One Olive oil (Wen knock off) and planned to try that too.

I also planned to use it to stem in some of my Indian powders - Amla, henna, Shikakai, Neem

I'm also planning to use it to steam my face.

As you can see, I have a lot of plans for this :lachen:!!

My steamer has made a huge difference in my hair! I don't have to moisturize it every day and just overall it is so much easier to work with. For only $139, I don't regret it at all. My hair also lasts much longer when I get it flat ironed now that I steam it the day of. I would also steam while I was wearing my most recent sew-in. It was great for my braids as well as the curly indian hair I was wearing.

I haven't tried the products you've listed but i'm sure their effects will be maximized by steaming. My girlfriends that don't have steamers come over to use it and we have wine and steam nights lol. I told myself that if i can spend it on shoes/clothes then I can spend it on my hair. So I don't regret it at all. I really think you'll love it.

I've found that my hair stays moisturizied that I don't have to moisturize every day, but I still do. It also makes detangling a breeze even at 15 weeks post relaxer. I don't regret buying a steamer at all and I believe you won't regret purchasing one either, especially if you use it once a week like I do. :)

I've found that my hair stays moisturizied that I don't have to moisturize every day, but I still do. It also makes detangling a breeze even at 15 weeks post relaxer. I don't regret buying a steamer at all and I believe you won't regret purchasing one either, especially if you use it once a week like I do. :)

I actually think this is really important. :yep: Whilst your hair may feel moisturised, I still feel you should keep on point with the moisture, and in my case - daily. When I first started steaming I marveled at how well conditioned my hair felt and regularly went without moisturising for days, I got complacent and this is where I went wrong. So now I moisturise daily regardless of whether the hair feels dry not, this way I only need to use a small amount.

I think it's quite similar to water intake. Just because you don't feel thirsty it doesn't mean that you are not. If you wait until you are thirsty to have a drink, at this point you are already dehydrated. However, if you take regular drinks of water throughout the day your body will be hydrated. Similar with hair, don't wait until your hair feels dry, if you do it very regularly it will help counteract the dryness.

I actually think this is really important. :yep: Whilst your hair may feel moisturised, I still feel you should keep on point with the moisture, and in my case - daily. When I first started steaming I marveled at how well conditioned my hair felt and regularly went without moisturising for days, I got complacent and this is where I went wrong. So now I moisturise daily regardless of whether the hair feels dry not, this way I only need to use a small amount.

I think it's quite similar to water intake. Just because you don't feel thirsty it doesn't mean that you are not. If you wait until you are thirsty to have a drink, at this point you are already dehydrated. However, if you take regular drinks of water throughout the day your body will be hydrated. Similar with hair, don't wait until your hair feels dry, if you do it very regularly it will help counteract the dryness.

ITA Cream Tee!

You ladies have me sold! I'm definitely getting one! I think I'll try Salons R Us. I don't mind the backorder since I probably won't take out my install until April.

You ladies have me sold! I'm definitely getting one! I think I'll try Salons R Us. I don't mind the backorder since I probably won't take out my install until April.

I backordered ordered mine earlier this week from SalonsRUs for $109 including free delivery.

It ships the week of 2/15:

PRO-150-3_small.jpg

PRO-150 - Professional Ultra-Light Beauty Salon Hair Steamer in Black
  • Full Professional Strength 620 Watt Steaming Power
  • All Black Body
  • Ultra-Light, Leakproof Design
My youngest has a lot of dryness on her ends so I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy some WEN also and steam it into her hair.

Back