:::QUESTION FOR THE WIG/SEW-IN QUEENS:::

Anew

Have you ever "only" relaxed the hair that's left out? I'm about 4 months post, well I will be next week and I want to stretch until July or August. I'm sick of this curly wig I've been wearing, its the only one I have that blends well with all this new growth I have...

I have my hair in cornrows underneath, but I got a new wig, pretty fly, lol and I want to wear it. But its straight. The amount of hair I have left out is very small. I was thinking about just touching up that part of my hair. Not a fan of hot combs either. Wanted to know if anyone else does or has done this. If I do I definitely won't get a touch up until August.

When I was wearing sew-ins my stylist would just relax the "horseshoe" and the edges. You will just need to be very careful when you decide to relax the rest of your hair - you don't want to re-relax the portion that had already been relaxed.

Yeah, if I do it now and wait until August I'll have a good amount of new growth for that portion of my hair. Thank you ladies.

I suggest you invest in a closure for your next sew in weave. A closure is a skin or lasce part istalled with your weave. Its a great protective style and will prevent you from over proccessing you hair. They are pricey - but well worth it when it comes to the health of your hair. HTH

Oh I don't wear sew-ins, just 3/4 wigs.. I have to be able to take that hair off at the end of the day, lol

Back