Question for the fine hair ladies...

BrownBetty

Hello,

My friend has fine hair, she is probably a 3a or 3b. She was a relaxer and is going on vacation. She plans on doing a lot of swimming and asked me what she should do with her hair.

I told her to wet her hair and put conditioner in it before she goes swimming. I told her she would need to wash her hair every time she was done swimming and she would need to condition.

Now I need advice on what conditioners and shampoo to recommend.

She needs something:

poo
to get rid of the chlorine
moisturizing

Conditioner
leave in
deep conditioner
light conditioner

Mositurizer
lotion
hairdress

Please suggest some cheap stuff (VO5 ect) she can use before she swims and anything else that comes to mind. I am trying to get her into hair care because she walks around looking a mess! I don't think her hair like protein, we had an episode last summer, had to cut off all the hair.

What styles can she wear while it dries? Her hair is about neck lenght.

TIA

Mvee

I bought myself 2 speedo caps, no straps. And a satin skully. I wear that under the 2 speedos. Keeps out the water. No problem. The caps do not look like the ones grandmamma used either, lolol. I did this to protect my hair from the salt water. Bonjour

Depending on how much swimming she's doing, I don't know that washing every time is a good idea. I wouldn't do it daily, if her hair is already dry. CWing after the pool or ocean should be should be fine. The idea is to make sure the chorine and/or salt is removed from the surface of the hair as quickly as possible. Plain water can do that.

Any cheap conditioner will do. I like Suave Humectant and Garnier Fructis Long and Strong. Applying conditioner to wet hair before swimming will also be a good idea.

She can also just bring some pretty scarves and headbands and some gel, and serum and wear a wash and go look with gel, serum, and conditioner. A teaspoon of each and nice scarf around her edges would be a fantastic, carefree vacation look.

I don't think she needs all those products you listed. I think a bottle or two of cheap conditioner (so she can use it liberally) and some gel and serum will be plenty on a vacation in the sun. :)

Ion has a product called Swimmers poo or something like that. I saw samples of it in my Sally's BSS.

Tracy said:
Depending on how much swimming she's doing, I don't know that washing every time is a good idea. I wouldn't do it daily, if her hair is already dry. CWing after the pool or ocean should be should be fine. The idea is to make sure the chorine and/or salt is removed from the surface of the hair as quickly as possible. Plain water can do that.

Any cheap conditioner will do. I like Suave Humectant and Garnier Fructis Long and Strong. Applying conditioner to wet hair before swimming will also be a good idea.

She can also just bring some pretty scarves and headbands and some gel, and serum and wear a wash and go look with gel, serum, and conditioner. A teaspoon of each and nice scarf around her edges would be a fantastic, carefree vacation look.

I don't think she needs all those products you listed. I think a bottle or two of cheap conditioner (so she can use it liberally) and some gel and serum will be plenty on a vacation in the sun. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. She needs products period, this is the same person who won't wash their hair for 3 weeks and wonder why its breaking and shedding. Won't moisturizer in between washes either, so I was using this as an opportunity to get her some products for home and the trip.

I like that idea of wash and go, scarves. I will let her know. Thanks again.

Back