Question for my Natural Heads/Transitioners

Pheonixx

...or anyone knowledgeable. :)

I am transitioning (6 months post relaxer) and it's going wonderfully.:yep:

Now---
I've heard talk of 'scab hair' but I'm not exactly certain what 'scab hair' is supposed to look or feel like.
My hair is dry period...but I've found that my hairline is exceedingly dry and ROUGH--especially the 'kitchen'.:ohwell:
I just took my braids out. Cowash/Detangled and DC'd overnight and the kitchen was still rough... I massaged some Amla/Olive Creme (Qhemet) on it and that helped a lot.

I know there's some debate over whether 'scab hair' even exists...but could this be scab hair? I think it odd that my hairline is this rough.

I was thinking it may be (Scab Hair) since (although I only relaxed 3x a year) I'd usually apply the relaxer to my hairline first--to get it EXTRA straight.:grin:
So...I figure maybe the hairline hair is stubborn and extra rough because it was EXTRA processed....therefore it'd take longer to soften up.

Or is it possible that some parts of my (natural) head will be drier/rougher than other sections.

Anyone have this issue?

Thanks in advance
~P~

I'm am transitioning as well. I am only 2 1/2 months post but I find my hair line and "kitchen" to be softest parts of my head right now. Maybe someone else has the answer........

I did the bc in July after transitioning for 3 months. I noticed that that the hair at my hairline is alot drier than the rest of my hair. I'm not sure if will stay this way though. In this area I haven't had hair due to relaxers. I didn't realize that this was my natural hair line. When I first did the bc my hair was very dry and it was somewhat difficult to see my texture pattern. Since I've done the bc my hair is alot softer. My hairline is still a different texture though. I had really bad dandruff and after the bc it disappeared and my hair is flourishing. So I do believe that scab hair may exist, but I think that it can also be contributed to the fact that you different things to your hair when it's natural. Most of the things that I used to do like flatironing I don't have to do now. My hair is thick like it was when I was younger and my hair loves the moisture from wash n goes. HTH

I believe in scab hair because the first time I transitioned (7 mos) my new growth was so rough and dry and I used to relax every 6 weeks. Now that I'm transitioning again my new growth is really soft and so much more manageable. Before I would cowash daily and dc two times a week and it seem to never really soften up. Some say its because it was because we're not used to that type of texture but I definitely can tell the difference between dry rough hair and my new growth now. BTW I'm 6 mos post.

I believe in scab hair because the first time I transitioned (7 mos) my new growth was so rough and dry and I used to relax every 6 weeks. Now that I'm transitioning again my new growth is really soft and so much more manageable. Before I would cowash daily and dc two times a week and it seem to never really soften up. Some say its because it was because we're not used to that type of texture but I definitely can tell the difference between dry rough hair and my new growth now. BTW I'm 6 mos post.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I agree with you. Because it's not necessarily an issue of hair TYPE. It's the way the hair feels.
And my kitchen (with no products) is rough to the touch...:ohwell:
I suppose it'll work itself out as time goes on and my hair grows longer.

But thanks, girl.
:)

Back