Question for my braided Divas

jamiette

I love braids but after the last time I had them in about a year and a half ago I vowed that I would never wear them again. Taking them out after three months was torture mainly due to that dust, dirt, or whatever it is that collects at the base of the extension. Well I lost my mind two days ago and got my hair braided. Does ANYONE know of a way to minimize the amount of stuff that collects on the base of the extension? I hope ya'll know what I am talking about:confused:.
P.S. I wash the braids every two weeks.
Thanks.

There's a thread called "crown and glory" with tons of tips on washing and maintaining clean, moisturized braids. I'll find it and bump it for you in a minute.

Well maximum she (crown and glory) thinks you whoudl wear braids is 2 motnsh at a time. Also re-doing the perimeter is also helpful on keeping down buildup. Washing is good and daily braid spray is good but keep away from the oils and greases and hari butetr while wearing braids. It has a tendedncy to sit inthe braids and attract lint and dirt. That website is awesome and it hasnt doen me wrong yet :)

Back