Question for Aphogee users

MariahB2KFan

Hey ladies! I'm getting a touch up tomorrow afternoon and because of that I would like to try an aphogee treatment. My question is, what do I do after I rinse aphogee out? Awhile back, someone posted to use Paul Mitchell Supercharged (is that a conditioner?) but are there any alternates to use instead of that one that isn't by Nexxus? Also, should I do an aphogee the same day I get the touch up or can I wait a couple of days? Any suggestions or comments? I'm scared
frown.gif
and confused
confused.gif

What is your reason for getting the Damaged Hair Treatment by Aphogee (especially if you are concerned). If your hair isn't particularly damaged, I would stick with a milder protein treatment, and that way you are getting that protein boost after your touch up, but you aren't running the risk of overdoing it....
confused.gif

edited to add: an Aphogee treatment makes your hair really hard, and isn't necessary unless you are experiencing extreme breakage. In any case, it can dry your hair out, which is why it can be a risky treatment for some.

Paul Mitchell Supercharged is a moisturizing conditioner. Nexxus Humectress is a good one, and there are others that I know people can recommend. I personally think the Aphogee Balance Remoisturizer is simply not enough to follow that treatment.

Make sure you are following the directions. As you rinse it out (your hair will be hard and yes, it smells) do not manipulate your hair in any way. Just let the water cascade thru your hair (it is better if you put it in in the shower - with your hair just hanging down - and take it out the same way) AND NO PLASTIC CAP. Heat is needed (under a hooded dryer works best) in order to get the full effect.

[ QUOTE ]
what do I do after I rinse aphogee out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Apply the aphogee balancing moisturizer ALONG with a moisturizing conditioner (i use keracare humecto) and leave it in for at least 10 minutes. Your hair should be soft afterwards, not sticky. If it's sticky, you didn't wash all the treatment out.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, should I do an aphogee the same day I get the touch up or can I wait a couple of days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait at least 4-5 days before you do the treatment.

And don't be scared. It's real easy.
smile.gif

If I do an Aphogee Treatment prior to a retouch, it's usually about a week before, never closer than that (scalp manipulation concerns). If it's following a retouch, I'll usually wait 1 to 2 weeks.

For moisturizing afterwards, the ONLY thing I've found personally that even comes close to softening/moisturizing my hair is Motions CPR.

I have to agree w/Kaela in perhaps looking for something not so strong (unless you NEED it).

HTH

I use the balancing moisturizer after, and then I use Elasta qp intense conditioner or kenra moisturizing conditioner to moisturize.

Thanks everyone. I have a lot of breaking going on all over and I think aphogee would help alleviate the problem. That's why I want to try it. And I have a feeling that this might work.

If you're having a lot of breakage going on, why exasperate it now with getting a chemical treatment. Why don't you pamper your hair for another 2-4 weeks first to get a handle on what's going on? I would not be getting a damaging chemical on hair that is breaking thereby indicating damage.

Week 1 - Do the Aphogee treatment followed by moisturizing treatments.
Weeks 2-4 - Do light deep protein conditioner like on Wednesday and Saturday do a deep moisturizing conditioner.

Evaluate your hair after this time and see if you're still getting breakage. If not, THEN and only then, go and get a touchup.

Back