Question For All Military So's

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
How do you feel when people, specifically other women thank your SO for their service?

Yesterday SO and I went to a veteran's day concert. We decided to grab dinner while a couple of the boring acts were performing. As we're leaving the restaurant and talking, this woman comes up to us, interrupts our conversation and places her hand on SO's shoulder while thanking him for his service (He was in uniform). SO said "thank you ma'am," then turned to continue eye contact with me. I smiled slightly at the woman and wished her a good evening. I seldom see SO in his military uniform, this may have been the second or third time. I understand he looks good and uniforms make men even more attractive but it bothers me because I feel like a lot of women aren't genuine with their thank yous and it's a subtle flirt. He's also in law enforcement and I notice women do the same thing if they happen to get a glance at his badge.

Not gonna lie if I know someone is in the military I flirt a bit more unless I know they're with someone. But that was disrespectful and thirsty.

I'm a military brat ( mom, dad, brother and sister on law) so when I thank someone for serving I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Can't speak for other women.

I've always hesitated to even thank soldiers because I don't know how they feel about it. Some like it and some hate it.

Well it was Veteran's Day. As for other random days and the other observations, I don't know.

I don't have a military SO but I grew up military and many family members male/female go out in uniform although at times it is discouraged cause folk are crazy. That being said it is pretty normal for this to happen and usually doesn't bother me unless the person wants to stand there and have a lifelong conversation.

I'm about done with that platitude as a military SO.
That lady was being rude, i bet she patted her self on the back after that.

At least people are thanking them these days...it was a different story back in the 60's ans 70's. I just don't say anything when I see someone in uniform because I have no idea how comfortable they are with it.

My Husband has been in the military for 18 years, and this happens all the time. Why would I get mad? If I were to get mad over that I would be mad all the time.

Both SO and I are former military. This is part of it. Never bothered me and probably never will. SO always participates in Veteran's Day activities and he does look good in his uniform. Both men and women thank him and to add to it, he's a talker. He can have a conversation with a paper bag, so what starts of as "thanks for your service", usually ends up with a 15 minute convo. Don't let it bother you. As stated up thread, if you let it get to you, you'd be mad all the time.

Definitely normal especially if they are in uniform. Were you upset bc she was white/young/female? I've seen everybody especially older people and family of vets go out of their way to thank military ppl for their service when they're in uniform

ETA And it was veteran's day? Yeah you should let that one go

Army brat here and my parents were thanked for their service everywhere we went, all the time. Nothing unusual about it all to me, that's normal behavior in my world.

Definitely normal especially if they are in uniform. Were you upset bc she was white/young/female? I've seen everybody especially older people and family of vets go out of their way to thank military ppl for their service when they're in uniform

ETA And it was veteran's day? Yeah you should let that one go

We went to kings dominion the summer before last and he used his mil ID to get discounted tickets. The lady at the gate thanked him for his service and asked if she could hug him. He looked over at me, then she looked at me and asked if it was okay to hug him. :lol: I said sure ecstatically but he knew I was being sarcastic.

They always want to grin, he he, and make conversation whereas men haven't done that in my experience. My closest cousin who is practically like a sister to me, has been in the military for 12 years now. When we're out together people acknowledge by nodding, smiling, saying thank you but that's it. They don't touch her or flirt with her. My experience with my aunt has been the same, no one never touches her or ask to.

I have a lot of family members in the military, america and aboard, my step-father was apart of the JDF and JCF, so I'm aware that it comes with "part of the territory" but Idk, I guess I feel like women do the absolute most for no reason. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal and I never say anything but I wear my emotions on my face so he knows I'm bothered.

I think on Veterans Day its fine, but just speaking from personal experience, white girls throw themselves at military men. Or any man in a uniform really.

I'm an AF brat and a vet so I've seen it firsthand.

It would never occur to me to be offended by this. I'd just stand there beaming with pride and give my man a big ole smile every time someone said that to him.

Oh well, we all have different irritants, I guess. :look:

I dated someone who was in the military and I was a military brat. Everyone says it, it has never crossed my mind of anything more than a thank you.

I have another question and don't want to create a new thread. I'm attending my first military ball and I need help with attire. I know I should wear a formal dress but what length is appropriate? How much skin is too much skin? What colors are okay to wear? SO wants me to wear red or black but I don't want to. I have my eye on this pretty gold dress :grin: How important are nails? My cousin told me to get a french set but I like bold colors, would a red lip and polish be too much?

I have another question and don't want to create a new thread. I'm attending my first military ball and I need help with attire. I know I should wear a formal dress but what length is appropriate? How much skin is too much skin? What colors are okay to wear? SO wants me to wear red or black but I don't want to. I have my eye on this pretty gold dress :grin: How important are nails? My cousin told me to get a french set but I like bold colors, would a red lip and polish be too much?
no tramp gear, nothing too low cut, too short, too tight.

Attachments

• image-957940831.jpg
    image-957940831.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1313853740.jpg
    image-1313853740.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image-440223770.jpg
    image-440223770.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image-736453089.jpg
    image-736453089.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1993338224.jpg
    image-1993338224.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 46
  • image-582494734.jpg
    image-582494734.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1976929395.jpg
    image-1976929395.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 56

Think nice bridesmaid or prom dress or formal gown. Bare shoulders are ok, but not too much boobs or too high slits (just above the knee/mid thigh for slits). No stripper shoes. If you bend over and asz and tits are trying to fall out, that's not the dress to wear. Remember, unless he's the CO, you'll be socializing with his co-workers and senior officers. Think about the impression you want to make on these people and remember that you will be a reflection of him. Don't drink too much and don't get drunk.

In general it's a really nice night. Enjoy!

Which branch is he?

curlicarib

All the bridesmaids dresses that I like a V-cut dresses, low backs or knee length.

Oh, and I wore next to nothing for prom
:look:

image1xxl.jpg

image2xxl.jpg

image3xxl.jpg

image4xxl.jpg

This is the one I want

^^That's pretty. You'll be fine. As far as nails, as long as they aren't neon pink or junk nails, you're ok. :lol:

If its for the birthday ball, that's just fine. Nails and lip can be whatever. Most people wont notice anything but the dress and hair.

That dress is perfect. You may want to have a nice shawl. Those halls are always too cold.

I always get a subtle manicure and I always go to MAC to get my make up done. Also very subtle.

Back