Question about Surge

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have posted in other threads but haven't received a response...since Surge contains protein and you are supposed to apply to the scalp or hair daily, is it still necessary to do protein treatments like Aphogee or others every so often? Is it too much protein? Also, has anyone with natural hair used Surge and seen any results?

I'm 4a/b relaxed/texturized. I am not sure what type of protein Surge contains but it certainly does harden the hair. I'd say you're safe using a mild protein conditioner regularly along with surge on a daily basis. I spray with surge twice a day and have gotten growth twice as fast as usual. I also use Aubrey GBP protein conditioner every other week. I must admit that I've only been using surge for two weeks but I haven't seen any bad results because of the combo.

This is my reply from the other thread...
I've just started using the Surge for one week as of tomorrow. I've been spraying my scalp 2x a day. I still plan to do my protein treatments every 4-6 weeks or so. That way the rest of my hairshaft gets some strengthening. I always follow it with a moisturizing conditioner.

Back