Question about scab hair

dicapr

Those of you who had scab hair, how long did it take to see your true texture? I was thinking of doing the BC until I was checking out my new growth in the mirror and saw that some sections of my hair had 3 textures. The relaxed ends, what I thought was 4b hair, and nearest the scalp small coils. I haven't changed my products since my last relaxer on July 7. I have been taking the same vitamins for a year now-so I'm guessing some of what I was calling 4b might be scab hair. It doesn't make since! Anyway, how long until did it take for you scalp to recover and your true hair texture to show up? I want to get rid of the scab hair when I chop so I will definatley be transitioning for at least 6 more months.:perplexed

dicapr said:
Those of you who had scab hair, how long did it take to see your true texture? I was thinking of doing the BC until I was checking out my new growth in the mirror and saw that some sections of my hair had 3 textures. The relaxed ends, what I thought was 4b hair, and nearest the scalp small coils. I haven't changed my products since my last relaxer on July 7. I have been taking the same vitamins for a year now-so I'm guessing some of what I was calling 4b might be scab hair. It doesn't make since! Anyway, how long until did it take for you scalp to recover and your true hair texture to show up? I want to get rid of the scab hair when I chop so I will definatley be transitioning for at least 6 more months.:perplexed

What is scab hair exactly?

It took me about 6 months. I actually ended up relaxing after a 6 month stretch but the 2nd time I stretched that long, the hair looked totally different. I believe it was scab hair the first go round. I think it depends on the condition of you hair before, how long you were relaxed, etc. I've only been relaxing at the most 3-4 times a year for the past 3 years so I'm guessing that had an effect on it.

Back