Question about heat???

sparkles

What is worse the Dominican blowout or a press and curl? I hear so many people say the blowout thins there hair but the pressing and curling is alot of heat too!!!! Has any one have a good experience with either the blowout or press and curl ...

Last edited:
I'm relaxed and haven't had a proper press n curl since I was like .. 8. But, I'd say the press n curl. IMO, the dominican blowouts aren't SO bad on occasion [I've only done it twice]. It's just a rollerset, then a blowdry. The blowdryer is moderately hard on my NG but the rollerset manages to get it mostly straight! They only spent like 5 minutes flatironing me, and that was mostly for a bump at the ends, because it was already straight.

Hot combs get almost uncontrollably hot, and I hate marcel irons for the same reason.

HTH!

Definitely press & curl is more heat. Most people get the thinning from getting the blow outs too frequently--aside from the heat, there's a lot of tension being put on the hair (from the brush) while blow drying. I'm thinking that plus the fact that they tend to comb thru the hair with a fine toothed comb haphazardly while rollersetting is what causes the thinning for some.

ur best bet is blowout. But tell them to blow roots only on high heat low setting. It's still alot of heat but more controlable. And definately stop them if they r mistreating ur hair.

bumping bumping bumping
progress.gif

I get press n' curls (an average about once every few months. I mainly do it for special occasions). It hasn't had an adverse effect on my hair and I haven't had any set backs. Just make sure you use a heat protectant and go to someone with good haircare practices. When at home, I turn my press n' curl into a wrap and just wrap it up at night. I also lightly moisturize and seal once in the evening and once in the morning, concentrating on my ends. I do NOT try to add more curls with heat (try rollers, or pin curls, etc.). I do NOT add any additional heat with flat irons or trying to press my roots/edges (I'm transitioning).
HTH!

Back