Question about Dominican Blowouts.

MissJ

I plan on getting a Dominican Blowout this weekend, probably Saturday morning. Then I'm having dinner with the Wave Cap Guy and exchanging gifts for our anniversary. I read that you can get the blowout wrapped or just leave it hanging. I don't want it to get messed up before evening, as I have 14 weeks of new growth, and it would be a mess. Should I let them leave it hanging or let them wrap it? I don't know what to do with wrapped hair, nor do I know how to wrap it on my own. Does it look the same after it's wrapped as it does when they finish the blowout?

Wrapping vs. not wrapping depends on the look you want.

If you like volumous, full hair, then you may want to not wrap. Otherwise, wrapping is always the best way to preserve a blowout.

I want the volumous, full hair look. :) I hope I don't sweat it out during a shower or something. :(

I agree with Webby about it depending on the look you want. So for you I would go with not wrapping the hair. I also wouldn't worry about sweating it out. I had a blowout done in Feb on 6 months worth of newgrowth and I kept it for 2 weeks with no problem from the shower. I don't know the weather down in ATL right now but I still don't think it will be a problem before you go out.

MissJ said:
I want the volumous, full hair look. :) I hope I don't sweat it out during a shower or something. :(
Now you know this can happen, especially since you have 14 weeks of new growth.

I would wrap with 14 weeks of NG. It won't be looking stringy or anything like that. It'll still be full and bouncy.

I would wrap it on my own at home, if you were going to take a shower. Right before you shower, wrap it loosely with a scarf, dont tie it too tight to keep your hair fluffy, but just enough to keep from getting it wet. I don't like to get it wrapped at the salon too much, takes away the curl and bounce.

gorgeoushair said:
OH How I wish I could get a dominican blowout. I envy those who have a Dominican salon in your area.
You can...invest in some rollers and a decent blow dryer and learn to do it yourself. Gurl...if I can learn to do a blowout, ANYONE can learn. ;)

I agree with it lasting. I got mine done on 6/9 and today 6/18, its still shiny and straight. Thats with FL and MD humidity and rain. I think it will turn out just fine...if you can spare the time during your afternoon, snap some pics to show how it came out.

OT: 6/18 is my anniversary too...not marriage but its been a year...Happy Anniversary!

Back