Qhemet Biologics Reviews Anyone? Before I Buy!

MizzBrown

I've been lurking all the threads and their website and I'm not sure what to try. I need MORE reviews before my cheap self spends any money.

I'd really like reviews on:
Alma Oil Nourishing Pomade
Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Tea Trea & Grapeseed Therapeutic Pomade

I don't like anything that leaves a white film and won't absorb into my hair and scalp without trying. I can't stand that!

Smell is a BIG thing for me so please tell me what stinks and what smells great.

I'm wanting something for my scalp. Trying to combat my left edges and something that will give me HIGH SHINE and moisture.

I want something that can be used well on DRY hair. I'm relaxed 4b w/ a dry scalp and don't do wash & go's, or airdrying...and sorry I'm not trying it either...:nono:

Please let me know the consistency of their products. I like something somewhat LIGHT!

Thanks for yall's DETAILED reviews in advance!

Last edited:
Out of your list I've tried the Hydrating Balm and it had to grow on me. I did not like it for a long time but now I can deal with it. It's good if you're looking for a natural hair grease because that's what it reminds me of. It has no shine and it's kinda stickey. The smell is very light and dosen't bother me (I have a sensitive nose)

I haven't tried the other ones you listed but since you said you're looking for something light the Sidr Tree Butter (no shine) is a very light creamy leave in. Personally the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream is my fav but it's thicker and heavier than the sidr tree butter and it's extrememly moisturizing. For being a moisturizer it does give good shine too. Both of these have very light scents.

Last edited:
I saw these product at my local health food store--didn't buy though. Anyway, they had testers of each product. If you have access to any health food stores near you call up and see if they have it. You can test each item (legally, Adequate) right there.

The hydrating balm was thick and it made my hair soft and shiny. Plus it smelled like honey which is a plus. It is gooey and you have to use it sparingly so you may not like it.

I haven't tried the amla oil and tea tree pomades but I bought the herbs and sulfur and it was thick and waxy, but she reformulated it since I bought it so I can't comment.

I'll publish this one and then post you the links to the other post

I have on Qhemet

http://www.hairsmystory.com/2007/08/biology-hair-heath-with-qhemet.html
http://www.hairsmystory.com/search?q=qhemet+biologics

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Butter Cream

Last week I finally got my sample of the Burdock Butter Cream from Qhemet Biologics ($16, online store). Many femmes with relaxed tresses or softer hair textures have complained that the consistency of the Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream is entirely too much to bare on their locks. However, they need something with a bit more hold and weight than the other moisturizers from this brand.
I agree. Sometimes the Heavy Cream can melt my curls in the summer or in warmer climates. During the winter, or when I straighten my hair, this product comes in handy. It leaft my hair with that perfect balance, not feeling parched or frizzy.
The Burdock Root benefits the skin on the scalp, soothing it and keeping the scalp clean without fungus or dandruff. The seeds of the plant have essential fatty acids, helping to moisturize the scalp while the other nutrients that play a factor in hair growth.

The cream itself was very soft, it with a light sweet floral scent, which personally agrees with my taste on fragrance. I love the Heavy Cream, but when the day heats up and I start to sweat, my hair can have the faint funk of Amla and Sulfur.

What makes this product unique and totally worth buying is Qhemet's habit of incorporating organic herbs to stimulate the scalp to grow hair. Simultainously their line solves all common issues. In this new moisturizer, they've put Nettle to make hair sprout and stop dandruff; Olive oil to penetrate and rebuild the shaft; Wheat to strengthen and draw moisture back into the tresses;Vegetable Gylcerin to seal the water into the strands.

I love how it softened my hair and kept my scalp from being burned by the blow dryer. It didn't leave my wet set heavy or sticky, but gave my soft ends and roots. Right now, having a pliable root is most vital, considering I am 3 months past my last relaxer touch-up and still intended to stretch for another month (getting a relaxer for my birthday). My scalp didn't feel dry after I leaft the house and dealtwith the confused weather conditions of Jacksonville--unbearably cold one second, blisteringly hot the next.
My curls didn't fall under the pressure and styling with this product was easier than with the Honey ad Olive Hydrating Balm, which can get a bit gloopy. However, my hair felt more moisturized than I can remember with the Olive Detangling Conditioner. I think this product is perfect for those with a softer curl pattern (2b-3b), relaxed-heads or naturals with too much oil production on their scalp. If you're the type of person who is constantly scratching and complaining of itch, but don't want something that will leave you with limp locks, then this is a worthy buy. I give this one a thumps up! Qhemet got it right for us chemical sisters

The Sidr Tree was replaced with the Burdock Root Butter Cream and I :love: it! It looks like dessert and it has a light lemon souffle scent.

Though I have very fine/thin hair, I don't like moisturizers that are too thin or light; I prefer thicker, richer concoctions.

I thought nothing would beat Sidr Tree Butter Balm, but I am really falling in love with the Burdock Root.

I also like the Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm and I like the scent, but it is a bit sticky and is hard to dispense from the bottle mine came in (I believe it's in a jar now).

I also have the Olive Cream Conditioner and Detangler and LAWD, it smells so good (Coconutty), you could eat it! :lick: :yep:

I :love: Qhemet Biologics :thumbsup:

I don't use the ones in question, but these are excellent:

Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Karkady Tea Replenising Mist
Burdock Root Cream

I just started using the Burdock and I love it!!! It is a lot lighter than the Heavy Cream, but it is very moisturizing. You should definitely try this line. :yep:

I use:

Amla and Olive Oil Detangler as my leave in.
Burdock Root Butter Cream as my daily moisturizer
Amla and Olive Heavy Cream on my ends when they need a little extra.

LOVE LOVE LOVE these products. My hair is never dry.

I have tried but did not care for:

Hydrating Balm (too oily/greasy for me) and Karkady Mist (just did not care for it. Keeping to try the next time I have braids. I think it will be great for braids).

The Sidr Tree was replaced with the Burdock Root Butter Cream and I :love: it! It looks like dessert and it has a light lemon souffle scent.

Though I have very fine/thin hair, I don't like moisturizers that are too thin or light; I prefer thicker, richer concoctions.

I thought nothing would beat Sidr Tree Butter Balm, but I am really falling in love with the Burdock Root.

I also like the Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm and I like the scent, but it is a bit sticky and is hard to dispense from the bottle mine came in (I believe it's in a jar now).

I also have the Olive Cream Conditioner and Detangler and LAWD, it smells so good (Coconutty), you could eat it! :lick: :yep:

I :love: Qhemet Biologics :thumbsup:

That sounds so good! I love coconutty products. :lick:

The only product I've used is the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, I'm liking it again as an ends treatment. These are great reviews from everyone, cool thread. My fingers are just itching to place a Qhemet order... :user:

That sounds so good! I love coconutty products. :lick:

The only product I've used is the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, I'm liking it again as an ends treatment. These are great reviews from everyone, cool thread. My fingers are just itching to place a Qhemet order... :user:

It's Christmas time! Treat yourself! I sure do! :grin:

I love the Olive & Honey hydrating balm :up: ...I apply it directly to my scalp, it's very soothing. I plan on ordering more. :yep:

Bumping for more reviews! Thanks for the ones already posted! No one has tried the Therapeutic Balms yet?

I'm natural with dyed hair to boot. this stuff is great. I personally like the Heavy Cream(Amla and Olive Oil) and the Olive and Honey Balm leave my twists fat and juicy and sheeny. My hair doesn't shine. :perplexed If you want you can go to nappturality.com in the commercial products sections and read all of the raves about it. It is a staple for those of us who have very dry hair. Her products are perfect in that she uses products that encourage strength and growth and manageability. I never knew that i didnt have to run a comb in my hair until I started using her products. Bottom line- these products are formulated for dense hair to obtain and retain moisture

No she is not paying me for this endorsement:rolleyes: If I send her a copy of this post do you think she'll not charge for shipping" (LOL)

I don't like the olive detangling cream to me it adds tangles but my hair is weird that way nor the karkady tea- I get better moisture in a spray with Curls by Sister Smith's Quick Fix spray.

Picture in my siggy is a twist out after twisting with the Heavy Cream and Honey Balm

Bumping for more reviews! Thanks for the ones already posted! No one has tried the Therapeutic Balms yet?

I have tried the Alma, Tea tree and the sulfur pomades. I like them all. The tea tree is good for itchy scalp. The alma and sulfur pomades I use to tame my edges and fill in my stress spot on my temple that thins out from time to time. The pomades keep my edges thick. Qhemet products are excellent!

I Love the Olive Cream Detangler, it is the best. This is one of the only products that I purchase repeatedly. The scent is great also.

The Amla and Olive Heavy Cream is a little too heavy for me.

I got a sample of the Burdock Root Butter Cream but have not tried it yet.

I tried the Heavy Cream and it was way too heavy for my hair. The Olive and Honey Balm is BOMB! It's really thick (like honey) so you only need a little bit. It also has a light honey scent. It made my hair so moistrized and soft, my hair felt like a cloud when I used it. It didn't give heavy shine, more like a healthy, beautiful sheen. I've also tried the Macassar oil on my dd's natural hair and it really helped with her dry, itchy scalp. It also gives a nice sheen and made her hair healthier, she lost a lot less hairs when using it. I really don't care for the smell, though. It kinda stinks :ohwell:

I tried the hydrating balm over three years ago before I found this website and really learned about proper haircare. It helped with my ultra dry hair. I liked both the heavy cream and sidr tree butter balm. I purchased two at a time and they lasted a good long time, so I wound up selling the second jar of both after several months because a little goes a long way. I do not remember which pomade I had, but it was way too heavy and I sold it very quickly. I will try the detangler and burdock cream once I use up some of the stuff I already have.

Thanks again ladies! I decided to try a couple samples. I ordered the Honey & Olive Hydrating balm and the Burdock Root Butter Cream in sample sizes. Can't wait to get them in the mail.

Depending on their service and if i like those products, i plan to order one of the therapeutic balms to combat my thinning edges and my itchies.

Thanks Nappity, I did check out many reviews from Nappturality.com and they were informative also.

I've been lurking all the threads and their website and I'm not sure what to try. I need MORE reviews before my cheap self spends any money.

I'd really like reviews on:
Alma Oil Nourishing Pomade
Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Tea Trea & Grapeseed Therapeutic Pomade

I don't like anything that leaves a white film and won't absorb into my hair and scalp without trying. I can't stand that!

Smell is a BIG thing for me so please tell me what stinks and what smells great.

I'm wanting something for my scalp. Trying to combat my left edges and something that will give me HIGH SHINE and moisture.

I want something that can be used well on DRY hair. I'm relaxed 4b w/ a dry scalp and don't do wash & go's, or airdrying...and sorry I'm not trying it either...:nono:

Please let me know the consistency of their products. I like something somewhat LIGHT!

Thanks for yall's DETAILED reviews in advance!

I have tried the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Tea Tree and Grapeseed Oil Pomade.

I did NOT like the Hydrating Balm at all. It seemed to just sit on my hair. It smelled alright, I guess, but it's not something I would purchase again. I usually used it on dry hair, and it didn't moisturize it at all. :nono:

Now the Tea Tree is a different story. I purchased this strictly to alleviate my itchy scalp and it works like a charm every time. :yep: I apply this directly to my scalp when it's itchy and it takes the itchies away instantly! As far as the smell is concerned, well...if you like the tea tree smell you'll love it. For me, I like the product despite its smell, because I'm not a fan of stuff that has a strong tea tree smell to it, which this one has.

Back