Qhemet Biologics product review!

Amaranthine

This is also in my journal, but I thought I'd share it with all of you:

A friend just gave me a bunch of products that she didn't want to use. The only thing in the bunch that I haven't actually tried was some brand called Qhemet.

I wish that I would have heard about them sooner!

I really like their Herbal Henna Botanical Softening Oil! It gets my curls really hydrated and gives them shine. Plus, it doesn't smell too much like what it contains. I don't like the way olive oil smells on my hair. But I did just notice that the first ingredient is mineral oil.

I don't know for how long I can pretend that I didn't see that.

Anyway, it makes oiling my hair a whole lot easier. I just gave up on putting oil in an applicator bottle. Very runny and messy. Though, I'm hoping that the henna in this product won't affect the natural color of my hair.

I didn't at all like the Honey Hydrating Balm. I was trying to pawn it off on my mom and she wouldn't take it. And I can't give it back to my friend because she's the one who gave it to me!

It made my hair SUPER sticky and I lost so much hair while trying to re-detangle it. I had it detangled all nice and then slapped this product on when I think I should have known better.

I figured, the Milk & Honey conditioner by Suave works wonders for me so this might work too. WRONG!

The Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel is very nice. It gave my hair soooo much shine and held it down very nicely. My hair is shorter in the front so it tamped down the flyaways really well.

The Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade was good as well. Previously, I had only tried Amla oil as a pre-shampoo treatment and that's always worked well for me so I was excited to try Amla oil in another form. This pomade gave me a nice shine and slicked my hair back, but didn't have the hold of the Honeybrush product.

Probably because it's a pomade and not a gel. Right. But it did give me some hold. I just had a few fly-aways at the top, but the rest of my hair looked really nice.

In all, I think I'd probably order the regular sizes of the three products that I did like. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do with that Honey Balm.

I love her products. Try the honey balm on wet hair. You dont need much. If you still dont like it I will take it off your hands. :)

I tried the honey balm on wet hair, right after coming out of the shower. First, I detangled with Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal, towel-dried lightly and put the honey balm on my hair and tried to comb it again. I used very little. Just a tiny drop per section.

I guess honey just doesn't work for me outside of the Suave conditioner. I still really like the other products, though!

Amaranthine said:
This is also in my journal, but I thought I'd share it with all of you:

A friend just gave me a bunch of products that she didn't want to use. The only thing in the bunch that I haven't actually tried was some brand called Qhemet.

I wish that I would have heard about them sooner!

I really like their Herbal Henna Botanical Softening Oil! It gets my curls really hydrated and gives them shine. Plus, it doesn't smell too much like what it contains. I don't like the way olive oil smells on my hair. But I did just notice that the first ingredient is mineral oil.

I don't know for how long I can pretend that I didn't see that.

The henna oil doesn't contain mineral oil, it's a mineral oil substitute. They say on their site that they don't use mineral oil. It's one of the reasons I really like the products.

Thanks for the review- this product line is next on my hit up list:yep:

Thanks for the review, Enchantment! I haven't tried the cream because she didn't give it to me. I may have to buy it for myself!

Back