Q for those who wear phony ponys or anyone with advice

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair is doing well and is growing. My problem is that 1/2 looks relaxed and the other 1/2 texlaxed due to my Surge/MTG/MN use. My hair is not long, but long enough to add a pony if I get one. What kind should I get, one that is strait or one that resembles the nape of my hair, curly/wavy?
My hair no longer wraps smoothly due to the waviness in the nape. The bad part is the top is longer than the bottom. I'm trying to hide this til it gets long enough to do the pony comfortably. What styles can u recommend? I can't braid or twist my hair back yet because it is still 2 short to catch. Once the nape gets longer, I will be okay.:ohwell:

DDtexlaxd said:
My hair is doing well and is growing. My problem is that 1/2 looks relaxed and the other 1/2 texlaxed due to my Surge/MTG/MN use. My hair is not long, but long enough to add a pony if I get one. What kind should I get, one that is strait or one that resembles the nape of my hair, curly/wavy?
My hair no longer wraps smoothly due to the waviness in the nape. The bad part is the top is longer than the bottom. I'm trying to hide this til it gets long enough to do the pony comfortably. What styles can u recommend? I can't braid or twist my hair back yet because it is still 2 short to catch. Once the nape gets longer, I will be okay.:ohwell:

I have both. I use one when my hair is looking really wavy and the other one when its straighter. Always try to match with the texture of your hair when its pulled back.

Can u recommend a good place to buy them from? I do not trust ebay. Thanks for replying. I thought my Q would go unanswered.

I get ponies to match my new growth just because it's the first thing people see when then look at me.

Thanks Sareca. Where do u get yours from? This is really strange for me because the front is semi strait. The nape is almost completely natural. I'm almost 4 weeks post relaxer. My nape has never reverted this fast before. The MN I added to my regime is the only thing I've done differently. I just wish my nape growth would catch up with the rest of my hair.:lol:

DDtexlaxd said:
Thanks Sareca. Where do u get yours from? This is really strange for me because the front is semi strait. The nape is almost completely natural. I'm almost 4 weeks post relaxer. My nape has never reverted this fast before. The MN I added to my regime is the only thing I've done differently. I just wish my nape growth would catch up with the rest of my hair.:lol:

My favorite phony is the UPA clip. Michelle custom makes them based on your hair type and color. Here are some pics of me in it.

OMG, it looks gorgeous on you.:eek: I may have to look into this.:lol: I'm still unsure which one to get or if I can pull it off with my length. I may have to wait because I don't wanna look silly. Your texturized texture is similar to my natural texture, so I have hope that I can find a really nice one when I decide to get one. Thank you for replying.

Back