Puzzled on recent hair growth

blkbeauty

Hopefully someone can assist me on figuring out my recent hair growth. I have been natural since August of 2004 and started with natural hair reaching my mid neck. Throughout the years I have never straighten my hair and wore it mainly in puffs and sometime twist-outs. I washed every week to every two weeks and did not retain much length.

In January 08, I decided to get my hair professionally straighten. I started with hair around collar bone length when stretch, similar to my avatar. My regimen from January 08 has been pretty much the same. I go to hair dresser every 6 weeks to get it flat iron. I wash my hair only every 3 weeks (bad me, I know) and have been using a very expensive real Shea Butter as a deep conditioner. Also I have been taken vitamins faithfully

My regimen before seemed easier as I did not use any heat, but did not retain length. Now I am using heat, washing infrequently and have been retaining length.

I do not know if the retaining is coming from 1: my salon products, 2: wearing my hair straight more, thus no tangling, 3: vitamins. 4. Shea Butter

And I do not know why I wasn’t retaining length before.

I am asking this question, because I want to go back to my old routine since it is summer and not go to the hair salon to get it straight.. But my hair is retaining length with this “new regimen”. It is past now a couple of inches past shoulder length and about a couple of inches shorter that armpit when stretch. I do not wish to get my hair relaxed as I prefer to have it natural.

Any suggestions?

Im glad you posted this. I was just thinking of this.

I really think supplements you take are the blame. They say they may take months for you to see changes and maybe...just MAYBE, the vits kicked in.

this is why I will continue taking whatever I am taking.

Im glad you posted this. I was just thinking of this.

I really think supplements you take are the blame. They say they may take months for you to see changes and maybe...just MAYBE, the vits kicked in.

this is why I will continue taking whatever I am taking.

I really wonder too if it is the vitamins. The vitamins are very expensive and organic. They are for hair, skin and nails and cost $30 for 60 tablets. I bought them at a herbal shop along with the Shea butter. I am really thinking that these two are the contributor.

i wish they worked faster.

I think that detoxing the body will help them work faster and more efficiently.

It could be the vits or maybe your hair is just thirving now b/c of the change of pace and the summer heat.

If this routine is working out for you...why would you want to go back to the old method?

It could be the vits or maybe your hair is just thirving now b/c of the change of pace and the summer heat.

If this routine is working out for you...why would you want to go back to the old method?

The old method did not contained heat. I know this might be contrary, but I was wondering if the visits to the salon and getting my hair straigthened has assist in the growth.

The old method did not contained heat. I know this might be contrary, but I was wondering if the visits to the salon and getting my hair straigthened has assist in the growth.

I once read in a book that heat stimulates growth.

Thanks ladies, I am going to continue with my new regimen with applying heat every 6 weeks at the salon and washing every 3 weeks. Along with the vitamins, somehow I think this is helping my hair growth.

Back