Put old products to good use.

kally

Instead of throwing it out or giving it away. Use your shampoos to wash out your combs, brushes, rollers, etc...This really gets them clean.

Try your conditioners as moisturizers for your hands and feet. That lyso was terrible on my hair but made the best foot cream I ever saw.

Oils can be used as cuticle oil for your nails. Almond oil was not for me so I tried them on my nail beds and My nails have grown and the nail beds are soft.

These are great ideas!! I am trying to simplify my routines and I HATE having tons of products in my pantry.

I am going to go through my closet and see how I can recycle some of my PJ's mistakes.

I was about to chunk my bottle of Suave until someone suggested mixing it with a little honey or oil. Now I love it.

My hair hates almond oil !I have a lot of it. Very good idea to use it on my nails. Nothing goes to waste that way! Thanks for the idea.

BabyImaStarr said:
I use conditioners that do not work well on my hair to shave my legs.

Ha! I do that too!! I also use it to condition my weaving hair

I use shampoo that didn't agree with my hair to wash brushes, combs, and my weaving hair

I use oils that didn't agree with my hair to remove eye makeup.

Thanks for the good ideas because before I learned about this board, I only used one hair care line on my hair for ten years; but slowly but surely, I’ve turned into a product junkie and my hair stylist will test new products that I bring in. Now he wants me to stick with what works. There are some products that don’t work, but he’s patient and he’ll use them up and I won’t replace them.

I have a lot of stuff that I will use every now and then when I'm trying to do my own hair and in trying the suggestions above.

sareca said:
I was about to chunk my bottle of Suave until someone suggested mixing it with a little honey or oil. Now I love it.

I remember reading in someones album where they mixed products together to get rid of them. Even sometimes they would mix product with their staples or use them as a pre-poo, co-wash,etc.. Just another suggestion. Or if you have a LHCF meeting every so often, save them and give them away (make a game out of it).

Back