Puritan Pride Biotin????

yodie

Is anyone still taking despite the breakouts?

Do u think Puritan Pride is better than other versions.

I have a few bottles and I'm determined to finish it. I take one 5mg capsule a day along with a multi vitamin and B-complex. (someone on forum suggested taking it this way). So far, no breakouts. Thank God.

Only been two weeks but I think I'm feeling more NG.

Biotin also helps my nape. my hair usually just pulls out. not with biotin.

I'm trying to keep at it for at least a year. Also using Boundless Tresses. its hard to pinpoint what is doing the job. Not stressing that. As long as something is working .

Girl, I just WISH I could take my PP Biotin. I got the 5mcg bottle too. Matter of fact I have 5 bottles and I cant take any. No matter how much water I drink, my face looks like a pizza. Had to give it up. :sad:

Pass 'em on to me Naturallady. ;) Really, I'm sorry that this is happening to you :kiss:. Biotin is working like a charm for me!! My hair is getting thicker by the day. I'm nursing my nails back to health after a poor job by a manicurist (not my regular nail technician) and had to get all my nails cut off.:nono: Well, that was two weeks ago and a couple of my nails were infected. My nails have already grown back, not necessarily to their original length but growing very, very fast! The infection is almost completely gone. :yep: I love PP Biotin! I have about 1 1/2 more bottles left from the 3 for 1 sale.

i'm happy to say that after i switched to pp biotin (i acutally upped the intake from 1000 mcg to 5000 mcg), and took it with B-complex, and pantothenic acid, my breakous have subsided. My skin is clear and glowing. I haven't looked better! I also take flaxeed and a multi... but i take those with food, and the B's before bed. I think it all has to do with what you are taking with it. Before, I was just using biotin 1000, msm, multi, and flax, and i was breaking out something terrible!

Girl, I just WISH I could take my PP Biotin. I got the 5mcg bottle too. Matter of fact I have 5 bottles and I cant take any. No matter how much water I drink, my face looks like a pizza. Had to give it up. :sad:

can you try it with a multi vitamin & a B-complex? think this is working for me.

I think Serenity Peace suggested taking it this way.

I think there's something about the B-Complex that works well with Biotin and helps to break down the Biotin properly. But water is also the key, my guess is because the Biotin gets utilized. Whatever is left over gets execreted either through urine or skin (hence, the breakouts). With enough water, the supplement becomes more soluble. Kelcee23 gave a nice overview on this in the MSM v. Biotin thread.

From the Is biotin working for you? thread,

This is Kelcee23's statement:

One of the things that one must consider regarding Biotin is that it benefits actually alleviate acne, not cause acne. Biotin increases fatty acid production and sweat glands in the body. So, because of this Biotin will contribute to the over oil production of your facial pores. So to counteract this you need to cleanse your skin more because of a oil build up from the Biotin. You also may need to scale back on the facial moisturizers that you use. Its also good to use a gentle face scrub everyday while taking biotin supplements to keep your pores clean and free of excess oil.

And here is the article she posted on the wonders of sulfur and how it works with biotin:

http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/7/1/22.pdf

Thanks again, Kelcee23 :kiss:

Same here Naturallady.:ohwell: When I was only taking 3mg of Biotin w/the b-complex, it curbed the breakouts. But when I upped it to 8mg, the bumps came running back, and I even uppded my b-complex intake? Anyway, I stopped taking it about a month ago and still trying to get my skin back to normal.:nono:

i'm happy to say that after i switched to pp biotin (i acutally upped the intake from 1000 mcg to 5000 mcg), and took it with B-complex, and pantothenic acid, my breakous have subsided. My skin is clear and glowing. I haven't looked better! I also take flaxeed and a multi... but i take those with food, and the B's before bed. I think it all has to do with what you are taking with it. Before, I was just using biotin 1000, msm, multi, and flax, and i was breaking out something terrible!

What is pantothenic acid and what are the benefits? How does it work with biotin? I'd hate to add another supplement.

What is pantothenic acid and what are the benefits? How does it work with biotin? I'd hate to add another supplement.

pantothenic acid is a b-vitamin (b5) known for its thickening properties. i have very fine/thin hair, and i'm working on increasing the density, so thats the only reason why i take it. most b-complex vits contain pantothenic acid as well, so you probably don't need to add another supplement because your getting it already.

From the Is biotin working for you? thread,

This is Kelcee23's statement:

One of the things that one must consider regarding Biotin is that it benefits actually alleviate acne, not cause acne. Biotin increases fatty acid production and sweat glands in the body. So, because of this Biotin will contribute to the over oil production of your facial pores. So to counteract this you need to cleanse your skin more because of a oil build up from the Biotin. You also may need to scale back on the facial moisturizers that you use. Its also good to use a gentle face scrub everyday while taking biotin supplements to keep your pores clean and free of excess oil.

And here is the article she posted on the wonders of sulfur and how it works with biotin:

http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/7/1/22.pdf

Thanks again, Kelcee23 :kiss:
Gosh that seems so plausible but I am scared to try it. My face is FINALLY looking halfway decnet and I am afraid that I will look like pizza-face Annie again if I try it. I dont know. Maybe I will take 3 or 4 days worth and stop as soon as I see a bump.

Back