Purchased some new products today...

northernbelle

...Let's see:

1.Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
2. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In Cream
3. Proclaim Spray On Gloss
4. Aveda Beautifying Composition - a blend of natural oils

NTM Hair Recovery Mask - it is ok; I like the way that the Joico K-Pak and the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioners perform much better

NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream -it is ok; I will use again, but next time with either the Joico K-Pak or the Kenra

Proclaim Spray On Gloss- I am really impressed! I sprayed some on my damp hair before sitting under the hood dryer. I re-applied before flat-ironing. My hair is smooth and shiny.

northernbelle

hmm.. i've been eyeing that proclaim gloss at sallys for the past few months.. i think i might get it now. thanks
smile.gif

Thanks for the reviews northernbelle. I have the NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream in my hair care product stash (about to give it to one of my nieces). I think it's ok, but I like my other leave-in better (Salerm 21). What leave-in do you like best for your relaxed hair?

Shatani - my hair is relaxed.

Allandra - I actually do not normally use a leave-in, and, although I was not impressed by the Silk Touch Leave in Cream, I can tell that it left my hair softer and more manageable.

I will have to try out Salerm 21, since several LHCF members, you included, use and like it.

northernbelle

BTW - I have not yet applied the Aveda Beautifying Composition to my hair. I plan to use it at night, as a moisturizing treatment for my ends.

northernbelle

I really like the Proclaim Spray-On Glosser. Tried it for the first time today. I have fine hair and this product is very light and doesn't weigh it down.

I also tried the Moisturizing Oil Sheen Spray. I was really impressed with that also. It does contain mineral oil, but is not greasy. It also contains good oils such as Mink, Safflower, Evening Primrose and Jojoba oils. My only complaint is the can is too small.

The NTM condits (both the Daily and the Recovery Mask) are the shizzle for my hair! I think they are great drugstore products. The Daily condit worked as well as my expensive favorite, UANs Crema!

I like the NTM line, I like the serum the best, and the daily deep conditioner second best. The shampoo is pretty good too, it wasnt stripping at all, but I like my nexxus better and its the same price on sale.

How much was that aveda stuff? sounds interesting, do u know what all is in it?

Oh...I forgot about the HEAVENLY Neutrogena serum! This is the ONLY serum I will use now. I think it's because it acts more like an oil than a serum for my hair....no buildup and heavenly texture...very light and great shine...

Leslie C - The Aveda Beautifying Composition contains jojoba as the base oil, along with lavender, bergamont, rosemary, grapefruit peel, lime and soybean oils, and fragrance.

It cost $18.00 for 1.7 fluid ounces.

northernbelle

heck yeah thats a lot! I hope its magical for that price! See I would use that up in about a week and a half...lol...

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
...Let's see:

4. Aveda Beautifying Composition - a blend of natural oils

Did you buy this from Aveda? I tried looking for this on the website but couldn't find it..

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that post came out messed up..

Did you buy #4 right from Aveda? I couldn't find it on the website.. I can't afford to buy it right now..but I read about it so I wanted to see what was in it..

Thanks!

RushGirl-

If there is an Aveda Concept salon near you, i.e. a salon committed to the Aveda philosophy, and which carries all of the Aveda products, would certainly have the Beautifying Composition.

BTW: Aveda does not sell its products on-line.

northernbelle

Back