PrOtein Shakes 4 Hair GrOwth...

MyNameIsCiara

I knO that there are plenty of pOsts and everything on prOtein shakes but I am sick and I dOn't have the patience to loOk fOr them, lol, sO cOuld yall please tell me what prOtein shake is goOd fOr hair grOwth? and I wanted tO knO If any of yOu have break outs using GNC WOmen's Nourishair?

Thanks...
wink.gif

I think any shake as long as it contains all the amino acids. what about that shake that was posted about a few days/weeks ago. Perfect Spiral Mega Hair Shake.

I love Optimum Whey Protein Shake in Vanilla Icecream
lick.gif
flavor. Each serving has 23 grams of protein and can be purchased online or @ GNC. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
MyNameIsCiara said:
BUMP!
grin.gif

Erica, I LOVE yOur website!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! Your website is so pretty and girly!

Thanks for the site compliments.
smile.gif
I need to over come my procrastination and take some hair pics to put on there.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I love Optimum Whey Protein Shake in Vanilla Icecream
lick.gif
flavor. Each serving has 23 grams of protein and can be purchased online or @ GNC. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Me Too.If I can just remember to drink it.
laugh.gif

I used puritan's pride 90% protein. I don't take it consistently so I really don't know how good it is for hair. When I take it though, I have an extra boost of energy and my body just feels a little better overall.
smile.gif

Are these shakes made with milk? I cant stomach the taste of cold milk (unless it's in an ice cream shake!). Im interested in trying this for hair growth and for overall energy.

not me....i might try again. i took the optimum whey. I might have to start taking it again but i will be getting the chocolate flavor

Im taking Natures Plus Ultra Thick Hair Shake. I mix it with Almond Dream(milk alternative), Flaxseed meal/oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and MSM. I LOVE milk but the alternative has less fat and carbs than regular low fat milk. I don't believe the hype about vitamins not absorbing if you drink it with milk because Ive seen great results so far. I also take Twin Labs Amino Fuel which isnt a shake but it provides all the protein I need. The shake is great if I miss my regular multivitamin for prviding the regulat vitamins PLUS proteins for my hair.

nt-1775.gif

AMINO-LIQUID.gif

I drink GNC's Soy and Whey protein shakes. Now I'm drinking the soy/whey mix shakes, mix them with 8oz. cold water.

MyNameIsCiara said:
I knO that there are plenty of pOsts and everything on prOtein shakes but I am sick and I dOn't have the patience to loOk fOr them, lol, sO cOuld yall please tell me what prOtein shake is goOd fOr hair grOwth? and I wanted tO knO If any of yOu have break outs using GNC WOmen's Nourishair?

Thanks...
wink.gif

YES --- Plenty of breakouts from using GNC Women's Nourish Hair !!!!

ULTRA HAIR THICK SHAKE - Excellent for hairgrowth !--I mixx with either apple juice, orange juice or pineapple-orange juice.

Annakei said:
Im taking Natures Plus Ultra Thick Hair Shake. I mix it with Almond Dream(milk alternative), Flaxseed meal/oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and MSM. I LOVE milk but the alternative has less fat and carbs than regular low fat milk. I don't believe the hype about vitamins not absorbing if you drink it with milk because Ive seen great results so far. I also take Twin Labs Amino Fuel which isnt a shake but it provides all the protein I need. The shake is great if I miss my regular multivitamin for prviding the regulat vitamins PLUS proteins for my hair.

nt-1775.gif

AMINO-LIQUID.gif

Milk does bond with other minerals/medications. You'll get results, like you said, but you can get better ones if you don't take your supplements or medications with dairy. ;)

Annakei said:

nt-1775.gif

AMINO-LIQUID.gif
I didn't know that dairy products could interfere with vitamin absorption.

I think I want to try the Almond Dream. It sounds really healthy. Does it taste like almond flavored milk? Is it sweet?

keylargo said:
I didn't know that dairy products could interfere with vitamin absorption.

Yeah, I know that the calcium in milk interferes with iron absorption, but not sure about which other minerals. That's why I take a multivitamin separate from other vitamins so the multivitamin can work in the ratio that it is formulated. :yep:

Back