Protein Question - Replacing the discont'd Aphogee

nakialovesshoes

Hi ladies. I just used the last of my Aphogee, the hard protein that has been discont'd. It is the only hard protein that I've used on my hair & I wanted 2 know what would b a good replacement.

I know about Aveda DR but wasn't sure if this was as effective as Aphogee.

I'd appreciate any advice. TIA...

It was discontinued?

I thought it was just relabeled.

Did they change the ingredients, too? I know they did with the Keratin conditioner after the repackaging.

What you mean the one with the old ingredients are the whole thing has been discontinued?

Anyway, with that treatment i need no protien at all for about 1-2 months or like 6 weeks.

I've found nothing else that works that good, but weekly use products like joico kpak, aphogee 2 min, and duotex have kept my hair free from breakage in the past.

Eggs work very similar to aphogee for me, it will even dry on your hair like that, the only thing i dont like is that it takes more moisture (for my hair) to get it back right, once you rinse it doesnt automaticlly go soft like aphogee, and sometimes if you rinse with water that is too warm you'll have some egg in your hair. My hair would use that about once every 3 weeks.

I've always been scared to use that stuff. I didn't know it was discontinued though.

Another hard protein that many people use is Nexxus Emergencee. I've never tried it myself though. I usually do mild or moderate protein reconstructors. I'm too scared to mess with any of the hardcore protein treatments.

the formula has just changed. Chocolate Diva do you have some of the old packaged two step aphogee. I don't like the new formula

wait... the Aphogee with that your supposed to use the damage shampoo before... leave on til hardened under a dryer... then wash and add balancing moisturizer to is DISCONTINUED?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Running to nearest BSS with colorshowers still in my hair:whyme:

It's not discontinued, just new packaging that specifies it's step one...with you still need a heavy moisturizer as step two.

ban_img.jpg

I don't think it's been completely discontinued. However, the packaging and formula has changed though...

Two words for ya..... Nexxus Emergencee.

You leave that sucka on the same way you do the Aphogee, wash w/ moisturizing poo, do your moisturizing DC and you're good to go.

omg dont do that gurl. i got 27 people living inside of my head and they were all about to beat Aphogee butt!:lachen: j/k (tyler perry) but seriously I hope its not true:sad:

As far as I'm concerned, it's gone for good. I hate that new formula. It has silicones and my hair just can't tolerate them. Why does a protein conditioner need silicones??? I loved the old hardcore Aphogee. Can anyone tell me if Emergencee has silicones please?

As far as I'm concerned, it's gone for good. I hate that new formula. It has silicones and my hair just can't tolerate them. Why does a protein conditioner need silicones??? I loved the old hardcore Aphogee. Can anyone tell me if Emergencee has silicones please?

emergencee ingredients:

Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazoli-none, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarba-mate, Methylparaben.

exactly! i hate the new formula too. Companies always have to ruin a good thing. Nexxus emergencee is so dang expensive for so little:wallbash:

emergencee ingredients:

Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazoli-none, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarba-mate, Methylparaben.
thanks for this! no cones :woot: Is it as good as aphogee?

I own a BSS..........i have some of the hardcore on the shelves if you want to buy it, I will ship it to you.

Sorry I've been on here since I posted this thread but ea time I 4got 2 revisit this thread. If u have the hardcore original, I'd love 2 get some from u. I'll PM u.

Also, thanks 2 the other ladies 4 chiming n. Perhaps it wasn't just the packaging that changed. & I guess when I can no longer get the original formula, then I'll try the Nexxus.

Thanks again...

I miss their essential fatty acids...they now have some new watered down version...I haven't tried it but it looks like crap:)

omg i almost had a heart attack. lol but it's not discontinued like the rest of them said.

Actually i used the old formula on my head because i had used up the new formula and found the old kind in our cabinet of hair products. And personally i think the newest formula is better and stops breakage better.

but do any of you know any hardcore proteins that don't smell so bad. Or just proteins that stop breakage but aren't so messy and nasty to use. I love the Aphogee but i wish it didnt smell so bad.

I miss their essential fatty acids...they now have some new watered down version...I haven't tried it but it looks like crap:)
There are still bottles of the original oil available at certain BSS, I bought one last week.
I still see plenty of all original Aphogee products in my area,not popular here.

There are still bottles of the original oil available at certain BSS, I bought one last week.
I still see plenty of all original Aphogee products in my area,not popular here.

well I've looked all over where I'm from...gone...:nono:..

i use kemi oyl now...it's alright....

emergencee ingredients:

Thanks so much for taking to time to list these ingredients Destiny616!

well I've looked all over where I'm from...gone...:nono:..***i use kemi oyl now...it's alright....
I will start picking up some of the Aphogee Original products because some BSS place the original products on a sale rack for 2-5 bucks when they restock the shelves with the new packaging.I knew I saw the leave-in conditioners for 2 bucks last week.

I bought the old Aphogee EFA from a BSS and I love it! I was debating b/c they still wanted full price:perplexed I wonder why they changed the formulas.

Back