Protein Leave-Ins?

Lexib

Is there such a thing? Sometimes I overdo it with moisture and would like to undo my mistake on the spot by adding some protein. So far the only way I know how to do this is to either wait a few days until hair absorbs it all or do a protein DC/cowash. But I can't be bothered with that all the time :ohwell:

It seems like all leave-ins are moisturisers. Can anyone reccomend a protein leave-in...if they even exist?

I believe that Infusium 23 (repair)ologie is a leave in protein treatment. The other ladies will add more I'm sure.

I think a lot of the ladies here actually complain that many of the leave-ins contain too much protein. I have Goldwell Kerasilk Instant Silk Fluid and Lacio Lacio which both contain silk proteins (the Lacio says "concentrated silk protein" on the front of the bottle), and Giovanni Direct leave-in which has soybean proteins. The bottle actually says that "this conditioner infuses each individual hair with proteins."

Last edited:
Thanks alot!

The Lacio w/ the silk proteins sounds great but I dont remember ever seeing that in any BSS. If not I'll prob pick up either the Infusium, Aphogee or Nexxus tomorrow :yep:

Has anyone gotten any negative side effects eith any of these (excessive drying, brittleness, flaking) or do they all work pretty much the same?

I have been using Redken Anti-snap concentrated reconstructor leave-in.
I mainly apply it to wet hair. It has done my ends good, I haven't been noticing as much breakage. A little goes a long way.

Plus: It contains ceramides

this is my ABSOLUTE favorite protein leave-in:

the brand is Coloresse (knockoff of the crazy-expensive pureology line that's sold at Sally's Beauty Supply)

SBS-197310

this is the "coloresse rescue leave-in moisturizer".

it has a great amount of slip, has a truly invigorating smell, and it's very moisturizing as well.

Joico K-Pak leave-in reconstructor...I love this; i dont like the DC version, but this stuff is great

Back