Protein Conditioners

Blacktresses

Currently, I have read an article ( acutally the "No Lye" book page 48 ) stating that mineral oil is bad for the hair. Once this oil is used there is no way to penetrate the hair shaft to allow for other nutrients from other products to get in the hair. I have been using Motions Oil Moisturizer Moisture silk Protein conditioner. This has mineral oil in it. It is the second ingredient listed.

I am looking for the main ingredients to be <font color="red">kertain and collagen </font> in this conditioner. I really like Nexxus Emergencee but I was hoping to get a conditioner that was a little less expensive with the same results. In Chicago, a 16 ounce bottle of Emergencee is 30 dollars
whyme.gif
naughty.gif
nono.gif
. <font color="blue">Does anyone have any other suggestions for protein conditioner that does not have petroleum or mineral oils?</font> Who would have thought that looking for a protein conditioner would be this difficult ?

Good suggestions,

But I want you to know that I still reap the benefits from the Motions Silk Protein Conditioner. I don't necessarily believe that info. about mineral oil, so don't be too worried about it.

At worst, I've heard that mineral oil doesn't help or harm the hair. It is more to enhance the consistency of the product.

I love Motions Silk Protein Conditioner. If you are that scared of Mineral Oil, throw olive oil in it like i do. If the conditioner is working well for you, i dont see why u need a change.

in addition, Hi-Pro-Pac is an effective protein conditioner that does not have mineral oil or petroleum to my knowledge (thanks tracy for the reccomendation).

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Good suggestions,

But I want you to know that I still reap the benefits from the Motions Silk Protein Conditioner. I don't necessarily believe that info. about mineral oil, so don't be too worried about it.

At worst, I've heard that mineral oil doesn't help or harm the hair. It is more to enhance the consistency of the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree with this and although the things they say about mineral oil may be true....i grew my hair to the middle of my back while still using straight up grease and i love motions, matter of fact its the one (that and cpr) protien conditioner that i trust to not cause a big protein mishap of hardness and tangling and damgage, and they both give me great results....so im not giving up on it....

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Good suggestions,

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree with this and although the things they say about mineral oil may be true....i grew my hair to the middle of my back while still using straight up grease and i love motions, matter of fact its the one (that and cpr) protien conditioner that i trust to not cause a big protein mishap of hardness and tangling and damgage, and they both give me great results....so im not giving up on it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I love the Motions Silk Protein Conditioner. I always keep some on hand because it stops my shedding in it's tracks and it is also moisturizing
smile.gif

Back