Protein and Reconstructors

Blacktresses

How often can you use protein and reconstructors without damaging your hair ? I have really damaged hair and ends and I would like to use these products as often has possible. Help....please comment.....

When I first started my hair challenge, I used a mild protein every other wash to get my hair into shape. Now I use when needed, but at least once a month

Well I use Affirm 5n1 reconstructor for pretein but there are many other very good protein conditioner out there. As far as how often I cant say. My mom uses protein after every wash with no problem but too much protein for me causes dry, brittle hair. When you do use one, please follow with a moisturizing conditioner if needed.

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses said:
What kind of mild protein would you use and how often ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Nexxus Keraphix would be a good one to use every other week. You can follow it up with a good moisturizing conditioner. Some members follow it up with Nexxus Humectress or Keracare Humecto. I follow it up with Motions Moisture Plus.

Hope that helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
My mom uses protein after every wash with no problem but too much protein for me causes dry, brittle hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned my lesson earlier this year. I used Suave's Vanilla Floral Conditioner after every shampoo and my hair was fine. Then, I used Motions' Protein Conditioner and that did it. My hair felt like a brick, no joke!
shocked.gif

Please be careful.
laugh.gif

Back