PROTECTIVE STYLES for short hair?

martie

My hair is too short to put into a decent bun. I can due a bushy ponytail but it's not decent for work. I used to wear braids but after 2+ years they have done anything for me. Now i just roller set every 3 days if i want my hair to look nice, but with this humidity roller sets just don't last. I need a "look" at least just for the summer until it's okay to start my roller sets again. those with short hair (chin lenght or shorter) what do U do?

I had chin length hair.. .maybe slightly longer in January-just enough to make a little ponytail...but not enough to bun. I started out with a french roll... basically tucking my ends ... or putting my hair (ends included) into a claw clamp. With your hair being so short, its already in a semi-protective style because your hair won't rub against your clothes. Just try to keep your ends moisturized until it gets a little longer and then you can try more rolls and things.

Something else that's also good (I'm sure you're doing it already) is to make sure you protect your hair at night. Put it up in a silk/satin bonnet or scarf...and/or use a silk or satin pillowcase.

There are other ladies who had shorter styles... I think Ms. Kenesha had a Halle cut fairly recently. You might send her a PM.

HTH
look.gif

Back