Protective Hairstyles for Shorter Hair?

Aerie17

My hair is about the length of Halle's in my avatar. Do you have any suggestions for protective hairstyles for this length hair? I don't want to get in a rut with my tiny pony tail or phony ponies and start my hair breaking off. I am planning to start doing french twists, and using butterfly clips, but do you have any other ideas?

Protective styles for your length would mean-imo-keeping it well oiled (especially the ends) and wearing a scarf when you go out into strong weather. It would be good to also sleep with a scarf in order that it doesn't rub on the sheets.

[ QUOTE ]
henrilou said:
Protective styles for your length would mean-imo-keeping it well oiled (especially the ends) and wearing a scarf when you go out into strong weather. It would be good to also sleep with a scarf in order that it doesn't rub on the sheets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have short hair but mine is natural. What is stong weather ( cold, wind, snow, hot)? So should I just twist my hair and wear a scarf under hats this fall and winter?

it looks like you prefer wearing your hair in updos and ponytails. Do you ever wear your hair out? I think that hair falls (partial wigs) are a great protective style. They blend in beautifully. You can go and try a few on and see if you like any, which I'm sure you will.

french twist, two single flat twist or braids, comb to one side and pin up, sometimes I part on the side and pin up all the way around. Just get creative on the weekends and start pinning it different ways to see how it looks to you. I actually got most of my styles of Pamela Ferrell's book "Lets Talk Hair." She had two pinned styles for ladies that were growing out their relaxers. I just took them and modified to fit my face.

[ QUOTE ]
zoya_j said:
it looks like you prefer wearing your hair in updos and ponytails. Do you ever wear your hair out? I think that hair falls (partial wigs) are a great protective style. They blend in beautifully. You can go and try a few on and see if you like any, which I'm sure you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi zoya,
I haven't thought of trying falls. I wear my hair out on Sundays for church. I use the curling iron usually one day a week and that's the day. I will research the falls and see if I can gracefully wear one. Thanks for the suggestion!

[ QUOTE ]
nita4 said:
french twist, two single flat twist or braids, comb to one side and pin up, sometimes I part on the side and pin up all the way around. Just get creative on the weekends and start pinning it different ways to see how it looks to you. I actually got most of my styles of Pamela Ferrell's book "Lets Talk Hair." She had two pinned styles for ladies that were growing out their relaxers. I just took them and modified to fit my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

nita:
I think I will take a peek at Pamela's book to get an idea of what you suggest. I am always open to new looks.
Thanks, a bunch...

Back