Progress Pics-13 Months Post, straightened for 1st time!

***QUESTIONS***

(1) How did you care for your hair under the sew-ins/crochet braids?
(2) I assume you moisturizer, but with what and how often?
(3) And did you wash, co-wash, DC at all?
(4) Did you use human hair or sythentic?
(5) How long did you keep each install in for?

***QUESTIONS***

(1) How did you care for your hair under the sew-ins/crochet braids?

(2) I assume you moisturizer, but with what and how often?

I moisturized daily with my NTM/water mix or VO5 conditioner/water mix in a spray bottle.

(3) And did you wash, co-wash, DC at all?

Yes I washed and DC 1 time per week. Used diluted shampoo, and conditioner in applicator bottles. I co-washed maybe 1-2 times per week.

(4) Did you use human hair or sythentic?

I used Halley's Curls Creole Wavy Human hair. Used Freetress Water Wave synthetic for crochets.(5) How long did you keep each install in for?
This year, kept sew in for 8 weeks first time, 3 weeks 2nd time. Crochets had it done twice this year and kept in for 4 weeks each time.

( don't know why my last response it outside of the blue box :) )
HTH!

Last edited:
Beautiful! Not only does this give me the will power to make it to the end of the year before straightening, but I also showed these pictures to my DH and he is now more confident about me transitioning and not using heat too!:grin:

Beautiful! Not only does this give me the will power to make it to the end of the year before straightening, but I also showed these pictures to my DH and he is now more confident about me transitioning and not using heat too!:grin:

Aww...thanks! You can do it! To me it was definitely worth it to wait until I got enough length to feel like it was "worth" straightening. I bet come Dec you will shock yourself to see how much length you've retained. Best wishes! :)

This year, kept sew in for 8 weeks first time, 3 weeks 2nd time. Crochets had it done twice this year and kept in for 4 weeks each time.

( don't know why my last response it outside of the blue box :) )
HTH!

Did you wash just as frequently when you had in the crochet braids since it was synthetic hair? I could only leave mine in for like 3 weeks because washing it made it look really bad.

Thank you for answering my questions!!

Did you wash just as frequently when you had in the crochet braids since it was synthetic hair? I could only leave mine in for like 3 weeks because washing it made it look really bad.

Thank you for answering my questions!!

You're welcome! I still washed just as frequently. The water wave hair held up good with frequent washings. If I ever notice some frizzy after washing I would just cut it, and put in a few new, fresh pieces. I love crochets as a PS!

Excellent progress! May I ask how tall r u?

Thanks!! I'm 5'3.

Back