Products that you HATE!!!

ORS Shea Butter - did nothing for my hair

John Frieda Dream Curls - made my hair look nice while wet but when it dried, my hair was a hard mess!

Suave Spritz - made my hair hard

But the good thing is, I got to return all these products back to the stores I got them from
grin.gif

-any kind of grease: speaks for itself!
-any oil sprays: weighs hair down and smells after a day or so (yuck!)
-any clarifying shampoos: no matter the brand, completely strips my hair

4b relaxed.

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
-any clarifying shampoos: no matter the brand, completely strips my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YEAH! I forgot to mention Suave Clarifying Shampoo. It stripped my hair dry!!!
mad.gif
I couldnt do anything with my hair! Unfortunately I still have this but it only cost 99 cents (maybe that's why it's no good
laugh.gif
).

Natural Shea Butter..... I still use it b/c it does coat my ends nicely, but I don't like it at all. I don't like the smell, the consistency, nothing. I only put in on my ends and mix it w/other oils and butters to make it more tolerable b/c it's way too heavy for my hair. I'm going to try it in a hot oil treatment w/EVOO and Coconut Oil, hopefully my hair won't stink & I won't have to shampoo 10 times.
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
Ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Natural Shea Butter..... I still use it b/c it does coat my ends nicely, but I don't like it at all. I don't like the smell, the consistency, nothing. I only put in on my ends and mix it w/other oils and butters to make it more tolerable b/c it's way too heavy for my hair. I'm going to try it in a hot oil treatment w/EVOO and Coconut Oil, hopefully my hair won't stink & I won't have to shampoo 10 times.
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, know what you mean about shea butter -- I classify it as "grease"! When I tried to use a leave-in or mixed with my leave-in, the stuff just left my hair too oily/greasy, no matter how little I used. Anyway, was half way thru my wash routine once and realized was completely out of my usual natural oils (castor, jojoba, etc. -- don't know how THAT happened!) and while searching my product graveyard, came across the shea butter and ended up adding it to my conditioner (few teaspoons melted in microwave for like 10 seconds) and found that it is super emoilient and really boosts the moisture content of the conditioner. I used up the jar and am even considering buying another, but ONLY to add as a moisture booster in conditioners.

Cream of nature nourishing conditioner (felt like i conditioned my hair with melted plastic)
New image damage free thermal active conditioning styler(too much protein, left my hair crispyand dry)
Elasta qp feels like silk( feels like sh*t)
Fantasia frizz buster shampoo(left hair stiff and dry)
Hollywood beauty olive creme(left hair crispy with a white film)
Vo5 conditioners (used to be a fan till they all turned on me)

[ QUOTE ]
CarolinaAfro said:
ORS Shea Butter - garbage I'm still mad at that $7 i spent on it

Any and all cholesterol conditoners - they make my scalp itch so bad that I have to re-shampoo my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl you are so right about cholesterol. It makes my head itch so bad. I tried doing a conditioner wash with it and it was a mess. I hated it. NO CHOLESTEROL FOR ME EVER

S-curl
down.gif
down.gif
- my hair became a crispy mess (I tried a little, I tried a lot, I tried it on wet hair, I tried it on dry hair...any way I try it, I can't make it work for me)

Elast QP Recovery
down.gif
- did nothing but waste my time and money- just left a nasty film on my hair

Hollywood Olive Oil Cholesterol
down.gif
barf.gif
- left my hair coated

Sticky products hate me:

1. Wild growth hair oil would not wash out of my new growth! My stylist had to work through it with lye.

2. Sta-Sof-Fro gummed up my roots also. My stylist and shampoo girl hated me that appointment.

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Please donate or sell all unwanted products to the United Negro Anky Fund
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
Girl you are a mess!
lachen70.gif

By the way " I hate that darn PINK OIL!" makes your hair hard & dry as carpet!!!
mad.gif

I dont know if they still make it or not but that Moisture Max oil moisturizer was a mess. It made my hair hard. Its the only hair product I ever swore I would not use again. Its been years since I've used it but it always comes to mind when I think of bad products.

I dont exactly hate it but...Kemi oil. My hairstylist and everyone said they loved it but I didnt care for it.

I never cared for lusters pink oil either...too greasy. Its ok to apply to wet hair to let it dry natually but other wise it left my hair sticky no matter how little I used. I havent used it in years either.

Ok umm

Pink Oil is a given, even tho I havent used it in AGES, but the memory is vivid..

Carol's Daughter products - too greasy and overbearing (unpleasant) scents

Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing- kinda slimy, I may go for the regular one tho'

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:

Tigi Chocolate Head

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God I got this on Ebay for 50% off or I woulda been REAL upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were lucky. I paid full price for that mess.
mad.gif

Dark and Lovely Ultra cholesterol...Made my hair dry and strawlike.
John Frieda Dream Curls-----did nothing for me at all!!!
911 leave in

Porosity control-bought 2 bottles and it does NOTHING..maybe even strips it a little,
Anything with Pink in the title
The whole Frizz Ease relax line
Shea Oil
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo..it stopped working!
Generic Humectress
Dark and Lovely Cholesterol
Revlon Realistic Lye (regular)
Pretty much all my drugstore products are starting to suck..guess I better start saving for salon brands

CON Nourishing Conditioner....did absolutely nothing!
CareFreeCurl...left my hair dry as the Sahara!
Mane n Tail Moisturizing Shampooo and Conditioner...shampoo left my hair stripped, conditioner didn't make up for it
Sta-Sof-Fro spray....left my hair dry dry DRY!
Grease...left my hair...and FACE....greasy!
And OF Course PINK OIL!! I used it back in the day on my permed hair and it left it drier than it was in the first place!

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
Pantene R&N poo and cond- my hair felt grimy after using
down.gif

John Frieda's Shine Spray- too alcoholly
down.gif

John Frieda's Moisture recovery something...-what a waste!
It's still sitting in my drawer
down.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I love me some R&N! The nizarol shampoo makes my hair dry and R&N juices it back up!

I hate "fast food" I'm not sure who makes it but my beautician that in my hair and when she was finished my was dry and poofy! YUCK!

[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:
[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:

Tigi Chocolate Head

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God I got this on Ebay for 50% off or I woulda been REAL upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were lucky. I paid full price for that mess.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
So sorry to hear about your loss..........of cash
frown.gif

Infusium 23 - hard hair
Pantene relaxed N' natural conditioner
Silk Elements conditioner
Pink Oil anything
Proclaim anything
Nexxus Ensure - tangled hair
Optimum anything
AO Swimmers shampoo
AO J.A.Y. shampoo
Cream of Nature conditioner
Suave's leave in conditioner
Aussies leave in conditioner
Herbal Essences leave in conditioner\
Motions moisture plus
VO5 peaches n' cream - did nothing for my hair.
Tresseme anything conditioner
10 en 1 - don't necc. hate it but won't buy again
LUST - did nothing for my hair. I'm wondering if it's because of the ACV rinse I did.
Black n' sassy wrap lotion - stuff is just plain ole nasty!
Lottabody setting lotion

Hmmm...i think that's it!
laugh.gif

Tigi Ego Head Split Ender-made my hair feel like straw
Olive Oil-I have tried and tried and my hair hates this stuff. In fact my hair hates oils period. Ugh and I bought so many!
S Curl-made my scalp itch like crazy
Surge-hmmm, even though it does work, it makes my roots way too thick and unmanageable.
Elasta QP DPR 11-this did nothing for me. It was too thick and hard and left my hair feeling the same way. What a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Nexxus Humectress-made hair crunchy
Tropical Avocado Dominican conditioners-did nothing for hair
ORS Carrot Oil-not moisturizing enough for my hair
Luster Pink Lotion-dry out my hair
Isoplus Oil Sheen-The PITTS-No hair doctor in this thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Labett,

I had the same problem with the ORS Carrot Oil. Try mixing it with some EVOO or WGO. Works like a charm!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Hated: Infusium 23 Leave-In

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen!!

Also:

Motions Relaxer & daily lotion

Tones and Textures Relaxer

Queen Helen Cholestoral Conditioner

The others I have blacked out from memory.

Back