planodiva said:
I have been on a cash diet so haven't invested in too much product so

Hits--

Detangling under shower water
Lenzi's Request
Flaxseed Oil--making my hair super shiny
Homemade Avocado mix

Misses

My beloved MNT deep conditioner has to go!!!

P.S. Nelli711-your pic is too cute--great growth

Are you using the flax in your hair or taking it orally?

MV

planodiva said:

Hits--

Lenzi's Request
Homemade Avocado mix

Misses

Thanks so much! :)

Hits:

Co-washing w/Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner - Made my hair smell so good and feel so silky
Silk Elements Glossing Polish -This was great, made my hair smooth and soft for flat ironing
Mizani sheen spray
IC Styling Gel - Great for pulling my hair back into a bun with no flakes
Ion Bonnet Dryer - I love this
Nexus Therappe Shampoo - When used with the Humectress & Suave it feels great

Misses:

Elasta QP Glaze (gel) - Made my hair heavy and it flaked up bad
Flexi rods (super rollers) - I think this might just be operator error :lol:

Not Sure:

Giovanni (Vitapro Fusion Leave in hair treatment)- Cant really tell what this is doing to my hair, except for helping when I detangle

Ok, I take back a miss from last month. I said Mango & Lime Jamaican Leave-in was a miss. Too much of it dries my hair out and I still think the consistancy is weird, but a little bit on damp hair works pretty well.

Another hit was Aveda's damage remedy line. I was looking for a good instant conditioner and boy did I find it.

Another hit was Keracare's Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil. It's exactly what I've been looking for. The funny thing is I decided to try it after someone else's description of why they were giving it up. Go figure.

Another hit was henna. I can't say enough good things about it.

No misses this time.

msbrown76 said:
BIG HIT

Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo, conditioner & restructuring treatment

Looks like I am going to have to try this Aveda Damage Remedy Line, I hate that it is so expensive though :ohwell:

nikki1971 said:
Looks like I am going to have to try this Aveda Damage Remedy Line, I hate that it is so expensive though :ohwell:

Yeah it ain't cheap. I got the conditioner and the treatment. The treatment is good, but the conditioner is all that. I use it every other day for cowashes. I'm sure I'll eventually switch back to Keracare (or alternate between the two), but right now it's all about Aveda. It makes my hair super soft w/o being mushy and breaking. Keracare and Nexuus make it softish w/o breaking. Other conditioners have made it ultra soft, but when I raked my fingers thorough it I'd have 1 inch long pieces on my hands. This is softest breakage-free hair I've ever had. I also have just started to use henna so some of the benefits might be from that too.

Taya said:
Hits:
Rusk Sensories smoother= (used during strecthes and LOVE IT)loosens new growth so much I couldn't tell I had a lot of new growth once blow dried( tried it on 2yr olds thick lots of shrinkage hair as leavein, I plaited it to air dry and next day took down and it looked like I had blow dried it and i could actually see her length w/o pulling on it)Again LOVE IT, SORRY but I can't help but go in to detail.

There are a few different smoothers, which one are you using? Do you have a pic of the bottle - so I pick up the right one?

Thanks

Hits:
Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo
ORS Uplifting Shampoo
ORS Replenishing Pak

Misses:
Elasta QP Mango Butter- It smells so good, but it left my ends hard.

nikki1971 said:

Girl I love that stuff with a passion but it's hurting my pockets. I am saving up to buy it in liter sizes though!

I will just alternate this with Keracare. I love this stuff.

sareca said:
Yeah it ain't cheap. I got the conditioner and the treatment. The treatment is good, but the conditioner is all that. I use it every other day for cowashes. I'm sure I'll eventually switch back to Keracare (or alternate between the two), but right now it's all about Aveda. It makes my hair super soft w/o being mushy and breaking. Keracare and Nexuus make it softish w/o breaking. Other conditioners have made it ultra soft, but when I raked my fingers thorough it I'd have 1 inch long pieces on my hands. This is softest breakage-free hair I've ever had. I also have just started to use henna so some of the benefits might be from that too.

You use the condish to co-wash? How do you use this without using too much?

Hits:

Brahmi and Amla oils. Even though I'm using only drops of this daily, its fantastic. My hair feels quite a bit stronger once I figured the exact measurements. I'll never prepoo with it again, that was a miss, but on hair thats already rinsed these are keepers.

Misses:

castor oil. even after continually trying I got nothing but flakes. Anyway, I can't figure out why it dosen't work for me, so I've officially given up.

Neem oil. it smells so strong I thought I would hurl.

Its good on plants though:lol:

Im going to try another concoction with it because its supposed to be good at keeping mosquitos away, but I won't be putting it in my hair again.

-A

nikki1971 said:

I know...they need to give a package deal or something. I got all 3 for $61 (including shipping) from Ebay.

HITS
Nutrine Garlic Conditioner
Nutrine Garlic Shampoo
Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil Tx
Keracare Silken Seal
Keracare Dry Itchy Scalp Shampoo
MN

MISSES
None

Big Hits:

ORS Olive Oil Relaxer
:up:
Profectiv Neutralizing Mousse

Misses:

MSM-- my face has broken out horribly and is still breaking out even after stopping last week. :( I look terrible! My nose looks like something exploded on it. My newgrowth seemed softer, but i didn't use it long enough to really know for sure.

Hits:
Aveda Brilliant Serum
I love this product since I learned about it from some of you ladies! :love:
A little really does go a long way.

Misses:
None

BTW, Aveda at www.aveda.com is offering FREE shipping with orders over $50 until June 18, 2006! :D

BIG HITS:
I didn't get anything for me most of this was for Baby Girl

Kids Organics
*Shea Butter detangling lotion
* Growth creme? (it's the purple creme in the jar)
*Conditioning Shampoo

Finally I have some products that have help with this girl's hair, I love it.

Fantasis IC Olive oil moisturizing serum

Hits

KeraCare Hydrating poo (Provides great slip but worried about the cones):eek:
KeraCare Humecto (Slip , Slip, Slip, did i mention slip?):lachen: :lachen:

Misses
None :)

KathyMay said:
BIG HITS:
I didn't get anything for me most of this was for Baby Girl

Kids Organics
*Shea Butter detangling lotion
* Growth creme? (it's the purple creme in the jar)
*Conditioning Shampoo

Finally I have some products that have help with this girl's hair, I love it.

Fantasis IC Olive oil moisturizing serum

Under recommendation of another natural on this board a while back, I purchased this, but hadn't used it for a while. Recently, I used this under my Fantasia Gel and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and it provided AMAZING results! The lotion itself provideds great smoothing and definition to the hair, and under the gel or styling pudding, it allows it to have beautifully defined curls that dry soft with a more natural look.

LABETT said:
HITS
Nutrine Garlic Conditioner
Nutrine Garlic Shampoo
Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil Tx
Keracare Silken Seal
Keracare Dry Itchy Scalp Shampoo
MN

MISSES
None

I have always been interested in trying this but always put it back on the shelf whenever I see sd alcohol as one of the ingredients. Can you please share your experience with it? Maybe I have to disregard the sd alcohol and give it a shot just like how I decided to give the shampoo that contained ammonium sulfate a chance and it worked miracles.

planodiva said:

Hits--

Lenzi's Request
Homemade Avocado mix

Misses

i'm glad flax is working for you! great isn't it?!

and the homemade avocado mix...is that the one with the olive oil i posted b4 or your own?

I have to agree with the flax seed oil mixed with a deep conditioner. It made my hair so shiny and moist and the curls were so defined. However...I am not sure if it was my brand of flax seed oil, but my hair smelled slightly fishy whenever I was in the shower. What brand of flax seed are you ladies buying and where from?

A definite HIT for me is Garnier Fructis sleek & shine leave in conditioner. No matter what style rollersets, bantu knots or a simple bun at the end of the day after the hot Florida sun my hair is still soft and manageble(currently 12 weeks post). I apply in the morning and at night it keeps my hair moisturized and I just love it. Also its not as expensive as other leave ins so good for my budget!!!!!

ichephren said:
I have to agree with the flax seed oil mixed with a deep conditioner. It made my hair so shiny and moist and the curls were so defined. However...I am not sure if it was my brand of flax seed oil, but my hair smelled slightly fishy whenever I was in the shower. What brand of flax seed are you ladies buying and where from?
I buy the Spectrum brand from the health food store.:)

Hits
BBD Stretch-great moisturizing treatment and smells like bubble gum!
BBD Triple Slip Shampoo-smells amazing, great slip! Very moisturizing!
BBD Butter-The name says it all! THis stuff is the truth! I even got my grandma hooked on this!
Africa's Best Shea Plus moisturizer-very lite, NEVER builds ups and gives me similar results to Elasta Mango butter!
LeKair Carrot Oil Cholesterol (leave-in formula)-not very moisturizing but a good strengthener.
Fantasia's Olive Oil Serum-detangles and moisturizes like a charm! Makes my hair ubber soft!

Hits:
Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner - My FAVORITE! Hair is like butta once applied
Jessicurl Aloeba Daily Conditioner - Good for co-washes
Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream - Gets hair clean w/ no harsh chems
Jessicurl Confident Coils - Great on my twistouts
Jessicurl Stimulating Scalp oil - what i have been searching for

Misses:
Long Aid Curl activator Gel for extra dry hair - Nothing

Jury Still out:
Smooth n' Shine Curl activator Gel

Candy_C said:
i'm glad flax is working for you! great isn't it?!

and the homemade avocado mix...is that the one with the olive oil i posted b4 or your own?

Candy_C---yes it is the homemade avocado mix you posted. It is definitley part of my new regime. And on your suggestion, I have added flax seed oil too (though now I know you can't buy London brands here in the states such a funny story).

I can't say THANK YOU enough because you know I was at my wits end and you were such an inspiration. Lots of love

wadadligyal said:
A definite HIT for me is Garnier Fructis sleek & shine leave in conditioner. No matter what style rollersets, bantu knots or a simple bun at the end of the day after the hot Florida sun my hair is still soft and manageble(currently 12 weeks post). I apply in the morning and at night it keeps my hair moisturized and I just love it. Also its not as expensive as other leave ins so good for my budget!!!!!

I am looking for a new leave-in conditioner maybe I'll try it. I swear since age 3 I have been using Infusim 23 (which is still good). I have been eyeing the Fructis line because a lot of the ladies talk about it.

Has anyone tried the Fructis curl defining products for wash and go styles. My favorite John Frieda Dream Curls is discontinued and I'm so lost without it. Any suggestions?

Back